Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weather is Beautiful!

Hey, don’t wake us up, okay? We have waited a long time for the cold weather to stop and warm weather to return and although, it seems like we blinked and it went from winter to summer –this is nice weather, so let’s just soak it up and embrace it, okay?

Well, the cold is slowly leaving my body and looking for another host…I dislike passing this on to anyone – it’s been a real witch but I’m sure glad it’s leaving. Talk about an energy zapper – that sucker was unreal. Now, that my energy level is returning and that includes my morning walks, I need to remind myself to slow down. I don’t have to do everything in one day and as my front yard is huge, raking it all in one day was just plain ass stupid! Oh don’t worry, I didn’t accomplish that mission – ran out of steam way before half of it was done! Hubby has a much better system. He waits until he can mow, and then pulverizes the leaves and what isn’t crammed back into the ground, he nicely scoops up in the leaf catcher. Raking is not his thing- it ranks right up there with shoveling –major dislike!

My next “chore” is to start digging in the area that I plan to turn into a flower garden in the front yard. Man, this is gonna require some major time on the “claw” or mini-rototiller (the kids call this a cultivator) but regardless of what it is called, I gotta remember how to turn it on – I know there’s a cord I need to pull and most likely an on switch…ya, doesn’t this sound challenging? Tell ya one thing, once I get the “dirt” ready, I’m planting perennials, I’m only doing this once – believe me, once is sufficient! Plus I’ll toss a few rocks or stones about to give it some appeal or place for the birds to poop!

In the meantime, I have elected to expend some of this pent up energy on house cleaning – now that is really a trip! Hey, we all know the saying, “dust or plant,” right? I was getting damn close to planting but decided dusting was probably smarter!

Anyway, two days of this so called work-like nonsense and tomorrow, I shall meet my former secretary for lunch, then I may just head over to the river and fish – ya, now that sounds like a grand plan.

Take care and if nothing else, get outside, okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, HAPPY EARTH DAY!! :0)

I DID end up in trouble!! (See my My-Space-Blog!)

Oh well, life goes on!! :0)