Saturday, October 25, 2008

GONNA BE GONE

I know some of you get nervous if I don’t blog every day or every other day so I thought I’d warned ya – I’m gonna be gone this coming week, so I shan’t be blogging, okay?

It’s been many, many years since I visited Connecticut and even back then, I am sure I missed many wonderful sights and was busy doing other stuff, like work or some such crap. This time I shall visit as a real tourist and enjoy every minute of it – ya, it’s a fun outing and one I have looked forward to all month!

Hey did you know the name “Connecticut” originates from the Mohegan word quinnitukgut, meaning “place of long tidal river.” Ya, doesn’t that just make ya
feel smart? Oh come on, a simple history lesson and you get lippy -- how rude!

How about Nathan Hale, do you remember this guy from the infamous American History classes, right? No, wait, let me give you a hint “I regret that I have but one life to give to my country,” ah, now you remember! It is widely believed that Nathan was considered American’s first spy and long considered an American hero and in 1958 he was officially designed the state hero of Connecticut. Now, don’t you just feel so much better knowing all this?


Okay, enuff with the history lessons…..rates almost as bad as my yoga exercises (which by the way are coming along nicely and no, these are not those stupid movements which means wrapping your leg behind your head). In all fairness between walking, yoga and that exercise ball I gotta say my body is getting a bit more flexible. Got more to do before I can declare it totally limber and able to flex like a six year old but hey, even if I can get to teenage flexibility I shall be happy (make that early 30’s okay?).

In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying
as much spaghetti squash as I can get and man, I just love this stuff. A new recipe allows me to add mushrooms and that just enhances the taste even more. And guess what, all of this is no points under weight watchers, so I can pig out and not feel the least bit guilty. [can you say oink?]

So you all have a great week, stay out of trouble and while you can, get outside and take a little stroll yourselves. Pretty soon the weather will become nasty and the
ground slick making walking a tad tricky and you’ll be forced, like me, to inside fitness programs. However I also have winter outdoor activities, such as snow shoeing and damnit, I will learn to cross country ski this year too.


A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind!

No comments: