Thursday, October 9, 2008

YOU TELL ME

Well, this is one strange day and it’s not even half over and I feel this way – what’s up with that?

I believe it began raining around 9 last night and has rained off and on since. When I looked out to see whether I could take my morning walk and saw a down pour I realized walking was on hold and might not happen. However, I can do inside exercises – remember that exercise ball? Ya, work out on that sucker and see just how
poorly your balance is – that’s a real motivator – NOT!

Hey, I got the sit on and bounce number and I can do the front hip extensions, however this butt or pelvic tilt/lift is something else. You lie with your back and waist on the ball. Place your hands on your thighs and raise your pelvis raising your hips a few inches, then lower back to the start. Oh ya, use your abdominal to lift your hips! Oh sure sounds simple, right – but nobody told the damn ball to not roll!

So with the lousy outside weather, I reckon I can tackle some inside projects. I mean, yes I clean but certain things could use a thorough top to bottom cleaning, know what I mean? Oh come on, you’re gonna sit there and tell me you wipe the top of the door frames each week, right? Or that you wipe off all the photos throughout the house too? Or how about getting down on all four and getting behind the toilet bowl – that part no mop can reach? Ya, I thought so, don’t think you’re so damn cute or smug because you don’t do this that often either, so thar! When was the last time you pulled out the refrigerator and cleaned behind it? Or the washer or dryer – man, that’s one that seems to collect lint more than the damn lint trap, what’s up with that?

Damn I made myself tired just thinking about these possibilities. On the other hand, I could go into town and buy one of those plastic file cabinets to stick stuff in so my computer area doesn’t look quite so messy? The trick is if I do elect to go into town or shop is not to buy anything to eat. It’s so easy to say; “oh one chocolate covered donut ain’t gonna hurt ya!” Bull-sheet, who in hell ever had just one chocolate donut – there small and two always seems appropriate! And if it’s not food some kitchen gadget that I don’t need, doesn’t work properly or I have three more just like it at home.


Nope I need to condition myself to stick with just this file box purchase and merely “look” at other stuff. At some point I shall head to Syracuse, spend a few days with my sister and we’ll do our missionary gadget shopping together. Now that is much more entertaining than this solo number!

So now I have decisions to make – damn weather makes this happen, ain’t that the pits? Oh I did get the lawn mowed yesterday and unlike my son and husband I do not use the lawn sweeper and pick up all the cut grass and leaves – screw that – let’em mulch into the ground or blow away – not my problem. In all truth the yard looks nice and now I can say, firmly and positively, this is the last mowing for this year!

OMG alert the village -- the sun is out --well, out for a few minutes then ducking behind the clouds. Hey, if this continues I could get my walk in, right? Yes, I admit it, I am a freak about my morning walks, I do so enjoy them and get irritated as hell when that is not possible. Oh, walk in the late afternoon or early evening you are saying? Nope, that would wind me up too much and I'd never get to sleep at night and regardless of what some may think, sleep is needed for a healthy body too.

Enjoy your day and remember, this will be a 3-day weekend coming up and thank Columbus for that, okay?

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE POLLOCK WHO:
· Was so lazy that he married a pregnant woman?
· Studied for five days for a urine test?
· Looked in a lumber yard for the draft board?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get out in the sun shine & soak it up while we can! Good idea!? :0)