Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OKAY WHO’S COLD?

This not snow or ice, it is foam but as the temps drop, this will become thicker and stick around longer...interesting to say the least. Ya, the least said the better--- I hear ya?

I gotta tell ya, we kind of have this “rule” or agreement that we won’t turn the heat on until November. Well, when the temp hits 33 degrees and it’s been wet and damp for weeks, that rule/agreement shits the bed big time. So, we agreed to run the heat to “get the chill” out of the house. Hell, the heat is still on and the so call chill left days ago!

Wow what a weekend – truly it was fantastic. You see my brother and his bride celebrated 50 years of marriage and all five of their children were here to help ring in 50 more years. Well, I doubt that is possible but you get my meaning, right? It was so much fun seeing nephews and nieces and catching up on what they had been doing and of course, listening to the new jokes (damn we always need new jokes).

The bride’s daughter managed to keep it a secret and the bride was totally surprised when her Canadian Aunt and cousin made their presences known. I think that was the best kept secret of this entire celebration and it was our pleasure to have them stay in our home, where we enjoyed their company too.

Hey, it was a grand party and if you went away hungry that was no one’s fault but your own. The Norfolk Legion (auxiliary I am sure) fix some marvelous dinners and this one was top drawer – really top drawer! Oh ya, dancing was also encouraged and after a certain number of drinks, even yours truly was on the dance floor. As I recall I was really into Cotton-eyed Joe—just stomp your feet and look silly and you’re dancing!

This morning I get up, frost on the ground and I’m headed out for my morning walk. Now I am seeing some folks waiting for cars to warm up and windshields clear before driving off and the idiots who think they’ll just hang their heads out to see where to drive. I bet they are the same ones in winter that scrape a small hole to see too. What in hell does it take, a few minutes to scrape and clean a windshield but no, some folks find this just too damn bothersome. Ya, they’ll be the ones wrapped around a tree or in some snow bank blaming the road crews for not plowing! Ya, too early to start bitching about them but maybe if we say something now, they’ll give themselves a few extra minutes and save some lives?

Well I still need to plant my tulip bulbs and as I also got some daffodils that supposedly “critters” don’t like, I need to plant them too. I plan to mix both in the same area, so this will be a truly interesting spring surprise. And I really gotta get the patio furniture cleaned and put away too. Time to winterize, damnit. Hey, you all have a lovely day, more stuff another day!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference!

No comments: