Friday, October 10, 2008

Is it Just Me?



You know I sometimes think our so called celebrities do take a lot of crap from the public and any infraction, regardless of how small is blown way out of proportion. It’s just good news and sells lots of papers and magazines. It’s not fair or right but hey, whoever said life was fair!

The latest Britney Spears business has me a bit nauseous to the say the least. She had no driver’s license, hit another car and left the scene. Now this was last year (maybe two years ago who in hell remembers). The first legal offer was she would pay a $100 fine and have her license suspended for one year (what license? She didn’t have one! Oh, she can’t have one for one year, gotta it!). But NO her lawyer turned that down and countered with a $10 fine and no marks on her record. Are you kidding me? If anyone of us did this we’d most likely lose our right to drive for a year, have to attend some driving class and our fine would be higher than $100 for damn sure! Hey, I’m sorry the gal was so messed up she failed to renew her license but to think she can ram into another car and not stick around – well, that’s carrying things a bit far. And just when I was beginning to think she finally is getting her life back on track. However, this is not her doing, it’s her lawyer and for whatever its worth, she has picked some damn strange lawyers!

Then on a more personal side, I decided to walk that thigh burner this morning aka Norwood Hill. Here’s the route: up and over Norwood hill, walking Route 56 toward Potsdam but turning and up and over the Dry Bridge and back around into town. Now I usually average about 2.5 miles every day and this is a longer route so I figured I would probably double my miles and calorie burning. Holy Sheet it was a mere 3.116miles and yes, I did burn more calories but for all that thigh burning it should have been a good four miles – damnit! Hells bells I’m sticking to my normal route and letting my thighs off the hook – ye gads!!! Ya, I know the thighs need the workout but Mama that is some strain (and you do feel the pain too).

I don’t know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods but here in mine, it’s a beautiful Fall morning; sunny, cool and the temp is a lovely 55 degree with damn little wind. I guess I really have no excuse for not getting outside and at least getting the soil ready for the flower bulbs. According to friend, if I plant daffodils and tulips together the critters will stay away as they detest daffodils. Well, this should prove interesting and what the hell, if they all come up next spring, I’ll have quite a flower show, right? I was impressed with the tulips this year – the ones that survived – damn deer tended to eat them as soon as they popped up but hey, some red hot pepper flakes killed their appetites real fast.

Well, enough talk, time to get going. Hey, it’s the start of a 3-day weekend, so enjoy yourselves – or like many, see ya outside as we all haul summer furniture back inside and winterize our yards and homes.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

No comments: