Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Your Project + Men = His Project

Ever start some project and some where along the line you either ask or seek some assistance from a man and before you know it, it has become his project?

Bloody ass amazing, ain’t it? They want nothing to do with this idea until it actually gets underway and they now begin to see exactly what this project could end up looking like and by golly, they have some great ideas to make it easier, better and last longer. In some cases, there help is greatly appreciated and even needed but if and when they take over, then the project is no longer fun. Why--because suddenly you become the errand person. You have to go get things that he supposedly knows exactly where he put it and if not there, then you moved it, so find it or listen to him rant and rave and how this is why he doesn’t like you using his tools.

Oh ya, I see ya smiling, you know exactly what I am talking about. Now in my case, my husband will do the minimum required and walk away which is not to say if someone comments on how nice this project looks, he’s gonna quickly explain it was my idea and work. Hell no, let’s not get too carried away, after all, he did buy the landscaping timber, top soil and in some cases the flower bulbs, so in essence he did “do” this work too!

My raised flower bed is nearly done but I have 3 bags of top soil left and I really think I should dump them and spread them over this area just to make it look neat. Those bags are not light but if I go slow and use a cart, I should be able to do this without too much back strain. As I was working there the other day a woman stopped and mentioned my raised flower bed looked nice and I explained what I had planted and she said; “forget it, the damn deer will eat the tulips before they ever bloom. I got so sick of them feasting on tulips, I dug’em all up and refuse to plant them now.” She is probably right but I’m gonna try this daffodil and tulip mix and then, when the tulips begin to pop up, spread red hot pepper flakes about and see if the deer still find them tasty.

I was slightly ticked after my walk this morning. Same damn route and for reasons I don’t understand it was shorter miles and less calories burned, how the hell does that happen? Was I wearing the pedometer wrong or what? I mean, come on, how can you walk this route one day and it shows 2+ miles and walk the same route the next day and it reads 1.3+ miles? That just does not make sense! Any ideas on why this happens, please share them in the comment section, okay?

The leaves are falling off the trees at a fast rate these days. This is due in part to the recent wind storms, change in temps and hey, just flat out time to fall of the branches and cover the ground. Lucky for me I have one tree that does this leaf covering business and it’s on the other side of the garage and I can’t see it, therefore I don’t worry about the leaves! Besides a good wind whipping through and the leaves head across the street anyway – it’s an empty field so no problem.

Yup the 3-day weekend is over and many have return to school and work – well, so be it. Just remember, this will be a four day work week not a 5-day – that’s gotta make ya smile!

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”

No comments: