Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fair Day

Yup, today I shall head to Gouverneur and the county Fair. I haven't been there in a couple years so it shall be fun to see the improvements (hopefully) and this go around, be a spectator and not a worker -- wow!

I admit it, I am one of those idiots who truly does enjoy the fair and even when having to spend months prior to it getting things organized and what have you, and then the week of staying there the entire week, well, it did take its toll but it was also alot of fun. No, I was not employed by the fair board, I worked for Cornell Cooperative Extension's Youth Development program.

Then as now, I am amazed at all youth learn and do throughout the year and show us during the fair season. Plus, these youth do considerable community service projects as well. This is the kind of stuff our communities should read about in our newspapers and watch on TV, instead we get all the bad stuff and that has many thinking all youth are problems -- not true.

So, I plan to spend the day at the Fair and have a good time, which is not hard, its all attitude and I retain the positive attitude constantly. One thing I shall attempt to restrict myself is fair food -- its good but man, it can pack on the pounds. However, I shall also do quite a bit of walking so a few "goodies" shall be allowed (so sayeth me).

Its gonna be a beautiful day -- we had that horrible storm and rain last night, so now, according to Andy, we got a few days of good weather -- hurrah!

Thought for the day: I was once walking through the forest alone. A tree fell right in front of me --- and I didn't hear it.

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

Well, I ended up at the St. Lawrence County Fair for 11.5 hours today!! The few hours I hung out with YOU were the MOST FUN ~ By Far!! THANK YOU!! :0)

Band Day is always a good time! The dedication of the kids astounds me! :0)

Mr. Peck has been giving out Band Day Awards for almost as long as I have been alive!! YIKES!! :0)

Now, I have to do laundry & pack for my Sterling Renn Fest weekend!!

Thanks again for hanging out with me!! :0)

Pat said...

Moonbeam, seeing the county fair as a spectator and with you, was awesome. Fun to see so many people and being told how great I look. Thanks for hanging with me too...Hey watching the marching bands with the folks wasn't bad either..Stormcloud says THANKS!