Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Birthday


X-years ago in the land of sun and surf, [aka California] I was in a delivery room, waiting for the surgeon to arrive, perform the C-Section and announce “it’s a girl!” Only to have him show me her head and me replying, “Turn her around, from this angle I can’t tell what it is?” Hey, I was awake and cheeky but I got my girl – now put me to sleep and shut down the bassinet!


I know everyone has special memories and thoughts about their kids and their younger years and all that good stuff. Mine is full of wonderful memories and many, many laughs. Also some scary moments as this girl is an asthmatic and we spent many a night in an ER and she in ICU getting her breathing under control. Today she is a fitness nut; likes to workout, jog, yoga, Pilate's and of course a health nut too…loves organic food and checks every thing to insure the contents are she considers healthy and/or safe. Oh ya, she is great fun to grocery shop with – holy sheet!

What is cute is she is now expecting her first child, and like her Mama, she knew long before it was confirmed that she is having a boy. And due to her pregnancy she is no longer running each morning but still doing her walks and as much exercise as the body can endure. And yes, damnit, she looks cute as hell in preggers clothes!

So, today’s blog is HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL – see ya for din-din and dessert!
Oh ya, her Uncle and her also share the same birthday, 40 years apart, so Happy Birthday Bro -- have a good one!!!

No comments: