Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rambling Thoughts


Let’s get the calendar out and down, so we can really look at it, shall we? It is August 27th and yes, the temp is reading 42 degrees – now the question is; “why is Mother Nature’s knickers in a twist?” Man, she really likes messes with us, eh?

I like many was sorry to learn of Ted Kennedy’s passing…I was never a big fan however, like many the name itself held tremendous interest and if nothing else, they never failed to hold our attention. One thing I do say about Ted is that he lived life and his public service was amazing and for the most part extremely beneficial.
Yes Camelot ends - the youngest and last Kennedy brother has now joined with his brothers in eternal peace.

This is also the opening day of the great New York State Fair and I suspect those who spent the night there last night, had a chilly damn night because I know those “dorms” are anything but warm. In fact, usually you are suffering from the heat but when it turns cold, that building is like an ice box.

August has been a strange month --- weather wise it took on the appearance and feel that summer weather had arrived. I mean, come on, we saw temps in the 90s, we had sunshine and warm weather for more than two days and even the corn started popping up like it was playing catch up (hey, it was playing that and more – the ole saying ‘knee high by the 4th of July’ never happened – that stuff was ankle high, if that, and on a child’s ankle! As for tomatoes, forget it – the blight ruined many a tomato crop but if you hunt around, you can still find some outdoor stands that have plenty of plump, red, and delicious tomatoes.

This month has also been a “emotional” one for me personally with various family members dealing with various medical issues – and it keeping me and everyone else wanting some normalcy back into our lives. Oh we will endure and that which challenges us, makes us stronger and we are a strong lot.

I’m now sure what to think about the kids going back to school before Labor Day. Regardless of my personal opinion, it’s gonna happen anyway, right? Just think, go for a couple days and then immediately you have a 3-day weekend – hurrah!

It’s a little after 8am and I’m debating whether I should go for my walk as I have this slight ache in my upper thigh and think I over did my exercises yesterday. I was attempting to change my status to reflect a new 30-day challenge routine and upped the intensity level to medium vs. low. But the program didn’t seem to get this concept until 15 minutes “after” and that meant restart and now I had to redo those 15 minutes too. Holy sheet that was more workout than I needed and may have pushed the ole legs more than was acceptable.

Oh to hell with it, I’m going for my walk – stop being such a baby, eh? Ya, I might want to wear something a bit warmer tho – kind of chilly out there. Well, you all have a grand day, ok?

No comments: