Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brisk Out There




Yes, our weather has definitely made a slight turn toward cold and that wind will let you know, in a heartbeat, you need a freaking coat! The no-coat or sweatshirt days are over!





So, what's happening around and about? Do we really want to know? Hey, Maria Osmond is now 50 -- big deal. And I'm getting a tad weary of Jon and Kate -- ye gads.




I found an ole paper that listed things like "How You Can Tell When It's Going to Be a Rotten Day," which I thought I would share with you:

  • You wake up face down on the pavement.


  • You put your bra on backward and it fits better.


  • You want to put on the clothes you wore home from the party and there aren't any.


  • Your Twin sister forgot your birthday.


  • You put both contact lenses in the same eye *(ouch).


  • Your income tax check bounces

  • Your pet rock snaps at you (mind did and I tossed that sucker as far as I could)
Well, that's it for me on this lovely Tuesday. I may be heading out to Minnesota next week -- my son has been accepted in a clinical trial, at the Mayo Clinic -- however, my role is extremely pleasant, take care of the grand kids -- ya, that's a hard role. Whether needed or not, I would love to go visit and spend a little time with all of them before the cold weather months keep me strictly in this neck of the woods.

And regardless of what anyone else likes or dislikes, I happen to enjoy the winter months too. I love to snow shoe and just be outside in that crisp, fresh winter air. Ya, I know I am nuts -- I did not say I like being cold, I said I liked being out in the fresh air and dressed properly this is great.

I'm doing good with my weight loss program too...dropping a pound and gaining a pound, is that called maintenance or what? Screw it, I am mobile and losing inches, which means I am toning up and once these muscles get done, then the pound shall disappeared (or so they tell me). Bathroom scales lie so I don't give them much notice but when pant sizes drop, that I can believe...hurrah! Of course, one size in one store is not the same size in another store. I want to know who in hell is sizing women's clothes these days -- they are doing a lousy job!!!


Take care, keep smiling and more another day...

1 comment: