Sunday, October 4, 2009

It is what it is the Weather

Yes, the rain continues to bless us with its constant showers. That would be fine but the dampness and lower temps provides a chill that sinks right into my bones and wham, that stuff aches and makes me realize; "time to turn the heat on." Damn!

Two days ago I was in the garage looking for something and there's this one box that I constantly move, shove or set aside thinking its stuff my husband put out there and one day will do something with it. But for some reason I decided to look in this box -- WOW!

It contain slides, some in slide trays but mostly loose and they were slides my mother had for years. In some cases I never saw some of them, in other cases, it has been many, many years. So I begin scanning these slides, enjoying them and realized two things: (1) I really needed to sort them and place them in some organized folder, like by sibling name and (2) the slides needed to be cleaned -- what a miserable task but necessary.

Now I am anxious to get into my storage shed and haul in the many boxes of slides I have kept for years and view them too. Not just view but scan and eventually put on a CD disk -- or make a cute DVD movie for my kids. It shall be my winter project -- how fun is this gonna be? Tell ya what, after seeing photos of me when I was a young woman, I have to admit, I wasn't as unattractive as I thought. Oh come on, we all felt like this when we were kids,unless you were a practicing Diva!!!

So it is Sunday and with any luck there will be decent football games and you know what the means, my butt is glued to the TV set -- I do like my football games. Not sure which I enjoy more tennis or football --- oh wait, tennis is first -- that is my all time fave sport. Why? Well, I use to play tennis (still do if I can find someone to play with me) and I never did play football.

You all have a wonderful day and keep smiling, ya hear?

No comments: