Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MOW OR NO MOW

I’m confused (ya again) – earlier it was sunny and cool and my walk was very pleasant and all that good stuff. I realized the grass was still a bit damp, so I would need to wait a bit but I really need to mow the yard – looks like a bloody hayfield.

Well, sweet Martha, its now overcast and looks like more rain is headed our way. So, do I chance it and mow and get caught in a downpour or perhaps, manage to get the front mowed at least before rain arrives? Oh ya, sweetie, the infamous weather person is saying “sprinkles” for us today. Sprinkles! Don’t ya love that metrological term – sprinkles! Isn’t that what you put on top of an ice cream sundae – sprinkles? Damn if its gonna rain, say rain, give up this sprinkle nonsense!

Okay, here goes….I’ll be back later to let you know how it turned out and who knows, this might be a fun day after all -- oh give it up, riding on a lawn mower can be fun –what the hell, the only cost is the gas to run it and I can ride as long as I want…so thar!!!
[don't even remind me about the cost of gas -- that would spoil the entire exercise]

"If you looked this good at 60 you'd be smiling too!"

No comments: