Saturday, July 26, 2008

Amazing or Just Flat Out Unreal

Every have one of those weeks or days, when things either amazed you or you just flat out could not believe what you were seeing or reading?

Let me give you a couple examples:

Qantas airlines had a hole, not a tiny little hole but a BIG hole in their plane, so they landed and put passengers in a hotel while – now this is the part that got to me – while they repaired the airplane. Does that mean, they’ll patch the hole and continue on and if so, would you like to fly on this plane? [duct tape and good to go, yup, can't wait to get back on board]

The second goodie is “Weekends Ruin Diets!” Duh, and how much did we pay for some idiot to tell us what we all ready knew? Amazing, eh? Oh it gets better – after you recover from that brilliant deduction, someone came up with this theory or idea – and I happen to think it’s wonderful and for one reason only – I hate bathroom scales.

Supposedly you should toss out bathroom scales, they are bad news, well, not totally bad but not that helpful. Yes, it is nice to know what you weigh, especially in the medical field because it helps determine how much medication you should have, etc. But for the everyday person, bathroom scales are bad news. They do not take into account your age, height, bone structure, hip size, etc., and that is what most people are trying to reduce.

So instead of bathroom scales, once a week grab a tape measure and do the following – measure around your stomach, hips, thighs and upper arms and record the results. If you are dieting and do this, you will see changes and be happy and encouraged to continue your diet and physical fitness routine. Bathroom scales, even used once a week can lead to depression and anger management issues.


Then we have the “entertainment” dazzlers – now I admit I don’t know much about Amy Winehouse but now she wants to have kids, twins but hubby is in the slammer! Like I said, I know nothing about this woman, I am assuming she’s a singer but what she sings is unknown to me. Lately there has been all sorts of stuff about her and supposed drug habits and how she is going to lose her voice, face, head, etc. if she doesn’t stop smoking and using drugs—and she seems to make headlines wherever she goes (whatever in hell that means). In my opinion she is weird and I do mean weird.

Then we have the world’s only magnificent twins that supposedly some magazine is willing to pay $16 million for the first ever photos! Are you shitting me – 16 million for photos of babies who haven’t done a damn thing but be born to globe-trotting-adopting-parents? I was one of seven kids and I don’t recall anyone asking for our photos or a magazine splashing my arrival on the cover! Talk about deprived – man, I was completely overlooked – how in the hell did I survive? How did my parents survive? Oh, same-same for you too – okay, I’m cool with this now, thanks!

So it is Saturday and gas prices have come down a bit – I mean in Norwood gas was $4.31 and had been for a few weeks, today its $4.29 – so I should rush and fill my tank before it jumps back up, eh? Oh and I might suggest to hubby that he fill up the gas containers for the lawnmower too. Other than this, I think I’ll grab my fish pole, get some worms and head to the river – sounds like a plan to me.

A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind.

No comments: