Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yes, the Day AFTER

Okay, you know it's gonna be said, so chill out, here it comes: Here's hoping you had a marvelous Christmas, that Santa was good to you and that you had a good day (good is defined by you and only you). Thar, it's been said, shall we move on? Thought so!!!

I gotta tell ya, I rarely ask for anything but more photos of my grandkids, maybe a sweatshirt and some goofy gadgets. I mean, I honestly have a hard time thinking of something I want or feel is necessary to make someone else feel good because they got it for me. Now wait a second, I say this with no sense of false pride, I buy stuff throughout the year and well, when it comes to this time of year, I honestly cannot think of anything I want, need or can't live without...its that bloody simple and direct. I know this irks others because they enjoy getting things for me too, but truly, when I say I want photos, etc., that is what I want...why don't people listen?

I was somewhat shocked this year -- I got an iPhone and will spend the next few months learning how to operate it but it has proven to be quite a nice little toy and while I haven't exactly made many phone calls, I have down loaded Pandora and now have music, I have access to my Facebook account, I have enter some names and given phones a special ring tone and yes, I have even taken a few photos and managed to save them...ya, all this in just one day...holy sheet.

Then to keep my electronic brain clogged even more, I also got a mini-laptop and that had to be set up too. What is really neat about this is that it comes with a build-in webcam so no fussing with that sucker, once you get someone to be online and in the same program, you can see each other and as this is a mini-laptop, walk around and show folks various rooms, objects, etc (sorry,bathroom and bedroom are strictly off limits).

So much for all this techie stuff, my happiest gifts and I actually asked for these were books. I do love to read and I wanted the Andre Agassi book and yes, Sarah Palin's book...hey, you can say what you want, but you need to read stuff and make up your own mind, okay?

On the lighter side, two new programs for the Wii set and man, the sports one is a hoot -- love to make these critters do things I could not do in a million years, like skate, jump, twirl, spin and stay upright. Or actually ride a snowboard downhill and score stylin points! Yes, there are "workout" programs and I shall get into them but not until after the New Year actually begins, why stress myself out over the pounds I added during the holidays..I'll just work harder and drop them..so thar. Snowshoeing helps!

So that is my update and again, I honestly hope you all had a nice Christmas. Today has been rainy,cold and at moments the fear of a repeat of the 1998 Ice Storm. We ain't outta the woods but hey, in upstate Minnesota they have 15 inches of snow and its still coming down---yikes.

1 comment:

Anita Figueras said...

Enjoy that new iPhone! I know I love mine.