Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Grandma Test

I was out walking with my four-year old granddaughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and asked her not to do that.

“Why?” My granddaughter asked.


“Because it’s been on the ground; you don’t know where it’s been, it’s dirty, and probably has germs,” I replied.


At this point, my granddaughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, “Grandma, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart.”

I was thinking quickly. “All grandmas know this stuff; it’s on the Grandma Test. You have to know this stuff or they don’t let you be a Grandma.”


We walked along in silence for two or three minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. “Oh…I get it!” she beamed. “So if you don’t pass the test, you have to be the Grandpa.”


“Exactly!” I replied with a big smile on my face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious Pat ! My son said something of that sort when he was young but I don't think my reply was as clever . It's neat when you can see their little wheels turning !

Pat said...

Anonymous -- ya, those little minds just whirl with activity and one never knows what's gonna come of their mouth -- so much fun!