Monday, May 19, 2008

CHANGE BONKERS

I know that change is necessary and without it, we’d still be in the dark ages. Not everyone embraces change easily and in some cases, change didn’t do much but add more work or cause more damage or the need for even more changes. Some alleged changes that drive me bonkers are advertisements or testaments that guarantee change. Here are two that really don’t even deserve this much attention. Oh come on, it’s Monday, gives ya something to chat about!

The first are those before and after pictures of folks who have lost weight! Are you kidding me! The before has the person relaxed, gut hanging out and baggy clothes and looking like they are miserable slobs, no self confidence, no pride in self and totally disgusted with their own persona. Now the after photo show this same person is sucking in their gut, wearing tight clothing and looking like they just won a million dollars, big ole grin on their face, standing up straight, full of confidence, pride and why, they are just above it all!


Hey, I am not saying they did not lose weight, they most likely did but not to the degree these photos want you to believe nor in such a short time frame. Come on, I can take a photo of you and make you taller, shorter, heavier, thinner, change the color of your hair and eyes, even zap a zit off your face and in some case, add a smile. So don’t think you can fool me with these stupid before and after shots. They are nice but very unrealistic!

The second item is hairstyles. OMG this is too damn funny. Women [and men, let's not get sexist here, men enjoy hairstyles too and change them as well] --
supposedly will allow this so called famed stylist to completely change their hairstyle. Again, changing your hairstyle is great and helpful on many levels. I mean some of these so-called changes include changing the color of your hair and even a new wardrobe. Hello, the new wardrobe is nice as it’s usually a freebie during these promotional sessions.

But the hairstyle itself is what cracks me up. Oh, they definitely compliment the woman/man and make her/him look entirely different, in some case very attractive, etc. BUT have you ever seen one of these women fix this style themselves? Can you imagine the frustration they enjoy attempting to duplicate this look – NOT!

So far I am thinking, I need a personal trainer who will put my butt on some machine, which I merely lie on and it does the work to tone my bod and rid me of this excess fat AND I need a hair stylist 24/7 to insure my hair looks good too! Okay, raise your hands, how many have these two individuals? Oh lots of hands went up, oh stop; you don’t have them, put your hand down!

Here’s my “little mind big thought advice” by all means try a new hairstyle, change is good. But watch the hairdresser closely, ask questions and learn as much as possible so you can duplicate this at home. If necessary stop back at the beauty salon and ask them what you did wrong. On the other hand, if you decide you dislike this style, fix it anyway you can and hope it grows fast and you can return to what you had before.

As for the weight business – diet pills don’t work. Save yourself lots of cash or if you are so willing to spend money, I got some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you real cheap! [Arizona is miles from any ocean for those of you who hated geography]! Yes some changes in your eating habits does help, smaller portions, more fruits and veggies and best of all, exercise. Oh don’t get nervous.

You do know how to walk, right? Well, get out doors and take a walk – go around the block, slowly build up a nice pace and get that ole heart pumping. This is not a bloody race, but you need to move for a good 30 minutes. It’s amazing how much walking does for the body, you will shift that fat around, tone up those flabby areas and you’ll get some new energy too.


Now I happen to prefer a morning walk, I get energized and feel like doing more things after a walk. If I walked at night, early evening, I probably would have difficulty getting to sleep, as I would be revved up too much.

Hey I have nothing against diet programs, in my book Weight Watchers is really worthwhile, even if you don’t want to mess with the “points” you learn to “measure” the amounts you should use and that is good. It is amazing that instead of just pouring on say, olive oil, what a tablespoon accomplishes and we never realized it! We don’t need gobs of these things; a cup full of mac salad is plenty!

So there is my Monday whine and offerings, aren’t you glad you stop by to read this? Now I am gonna clean my refrigerator – oh ya, it’s time – heck, it’s past time. Have a great day.

No comments: