Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hello Tuesday

Hopefully everyone had a lovely weekend, enjoyed your time off and even though Monday was a bit “damp” all in all, a good weekend, weather-wise!

For some reason I just never associated yard/garage sales with the Memorial weekend but holy cow dung, there were many of them and in almost every town, village or countryside you traversed. Ya, I know one person’s junk is another person’s treasure, so be it. I know when we have one of these, which I assure you are rare, I just want to get rid of stuff and unless it’s really something that deserves a firm price, I’m pretty much open to a reasonable offer.

As for me, I went to Syracuse and my sister was kind of enough to take me to this great camera store. Let me back up, before I went to Florida I had purchased this rather expensive camera bag and yes, it held all my equipment and also most of the junk I carry in my purse, thereby reducing this to one bag, okay? In short, I hated the damn thing – ya, I know I bought it but-----! I hauled it around Florida and all that but I knew it was destined to the photo closet real soon. I mean, I have other equipment this bag will work nicely on but not the bag I want to travel with, okay?

So I had gone on-line and found this camera bag and nearest store, which was Syracuse and hence, why I was there. Got the bag and then, as I was in my element, I asked about lenses. Now I got a beautiful digital SLR for Christmas with two lenses but always liked having a macro lens. So, when the sales clerk showed this macro lens, for a digital camera I was sold! I don’t think I walked out of that store I floated --- I was one happy camper. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me, so I had to wait until I got home to try out the new bag and new lens [ya that was poor planning].

In the meantime, Sis and I hit a few other stores. Now neither of us is into this huge shopping scene. We usually know what we want, go to the store, get it and get out as fast as possible! However, we have been on this kitchen gadget kick for months. The stranger the gadget the better and sometimes we are hard pressed to know what in hell this gadget is used for or what its purpose is. However it is fun and can get damn expensive, but we’re good shoppers and stay away from the pricey stuff!

Back a few months ago I had purchased a potatoe ricer – makes great mashed potatoes and it took my sister, husband and I to actually “rice” a bowl of potatoes. Odd as it sounds, we found squeezing this handle and pushing cooked potatoes thru the blade extremely hard. Well, we discovered the cause when we decided to rinse the blade off and realized we had both blades in the damn ricer -- talk about dumb shits, that was us but we sure laughed at our stupidity! With just one blade to push pototoes thru, it was much easier work and nicer looking mashed potatoes!


Like I said we are into kitchen gadgets and have a blast finding them and even more fun using them! Of course you do realize any cooking or initial work with something new is always more enjoyable if one sips a bit of wine or has a glass of beer, right? Lately beer has tasted real bitter to me, which irks me beyond words because I do like beer, but I am finding wine is pleasant substitute [I think I owe Sis two bottles?]. Oh new gadget -- next time, keep ya wondering!

Yes, I did the cemetery run on Monday and flowers have been planted and everyone is resting comfortably. I must say, cemeteries were well maintained and looked nice on this weekend and for the most part, the South Russell cemetery is well cared for and I thank those caretakers.

So we begin the last week of May 2008 – wow, it doesn’t seem possible, does it? I mean, in some ways May has flown by and in other ways, we wonder if we’ll ever see dry, warm weather! Hey, you ‘all have a great day, okay!

No comments: