Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Name the Flower


I’ve said it before, spring is my favorite season and I remain fascinated by this season. So much is happening and some of it goes by so quickly you actually miss it, damnit! These two photos really are marsh lands or wet lands – you can just start to see Lily pads popping and while there, I was nearly eaten alive by black flies – ugh, I hate those irritating bugs!


Now this year I seem to have a “need” or perhaps a desire to actually identify the flowers, trees and bushes that I see and this has become quite a pleasing challenge. The problem is, I may look at my Wildflower Guide and the flower and say, “yup that’s it,” but whom in hell knows if I got it right? So, I take photos and figure if I post them and my identification, if wrong, someone will surely correct me, right? So here is my first attempt – oh give me a break – it’s not that impressive so what?



A blue violet – that is what I say it is and I just found them in my yard – never saw them before but that doesn’t mean they were not there! It’s a pretty flower and quite eye appealing but hidden in the grass makes it bashful in my mind! Now here’s another one:

Okay, here’s my guess, “wood Anemone” or “Shepherd’s Needle.?”


Well, this is my start – see, you can participate too, just make comments and help educate me, okay? Thank you so much!

No comments: