Saturday, May 10, 2008

What is This?


Okay folks here is your mission (assignment or just a request) - what in hell is this?

Here's the guesses so far: morel mushroom, cattails -- see, nobody is really clear -- any ideas?

Ah, the weather -- now it does make for some nice sleeping, doesn't it. I mean it cools right down at night but you know what, I wouldn't mind it if it warmed up a bit more during the day. I truly am sick of donning a coat, even a light one or having to wear sweatshirts -- even long sleeved blouses are driving me batty. I want my arms to be exposed and feel the breeze, heat or sunshine on them, not be covered like we are chilled constantly. My Florida tan is nearly gone - damnit!

Oh well, headed to Minnesota next month -- maybe they'll have warm, sunny weather but then, maybe not. This silly state had over a foot of snow just three weeks ago -- strange, strange weather patterns.

So, have a good weekend, get outside and just enjoy yourself. Oh in case you wonder the additonal people and traffic is Potsdam today and this weekend -- Clarkson graduation -- now you know and can avoid...

1 comment:

WiseAcre said...

Those are horsetails - exactly what species I don't know.

Also called "scouring rush" because the stems are gritty from
silicon crystals (sand) embedded in them.