Saturday, May 17, 2008

Aha Saturday

Oh man this weekend is gonna be busy. As I understand it, three, count’em THREE college graduations this weekend! If you don’t have a place to stay, forget it – you might as well pitch a tent. I believe every available hotel, motel and house has been taken with families planning to attend the graduation of son, daughter, sister, mother, father, husband, brother, uncle, etc.

Now it’s not just graduation you also got to wonder will I find a restaurant and get served fast? Forget it! And while on this topic, let’s show people North Country patience and allow them to “search” for roads and make us miss lights as they gawk about looking at who knows what? In other words, traffic will be ugly and we just need to be patient. Let’s face it, half these folks have no idea where they are going and following directions that may or may not get them to wherever they wish to go. Just smile and accept the fact that this happens every year and no need to get overly upset about it!

As for me, I need to get some more potting soil and pick up some already blooming plants. I was gonna do the seed number, hell I even bought the seeds. However when I read: “soak seeds in warm water overnight, then place in some container and cover with plastic and wait for sprouts, then you can transplant,” I tossed the seed packet in a drawer and said, “Screw that!” So I shall buy some plants and nicely plop them in my planter containers and that will be that, thank you very much. Ya, I’m such a gardener. (smile)

Actually my back yard, near my deck is doing quite nicely with plants. It’s the front that now needs work and that is what I shall tackle today. Hey, I may even get the “claw” and put it to use too. I think I should take a pain pill now and be prepared, whatcha think? Oh, just have a cold one handy and that shall suffice, good idea!

Recently I was put on some new meds (short term, thank goodness and not for distemper, so behave yourself) – and these suckers make beer taste bitter as hell. Well, believe me my doctor is gonna hear about this and needs to find something a bit more acceptable -- I mean, come on, a cold beer that tastes bitter, now that is just not normal, legal, or right!

So I am off to play in the dirt – so much fun. Have a good one and what the hell, just turn off the TV, don’t read the newspaper and forget about the news for a few hours and enjoy the wonderful weather.

1 comment:

WiseAcre said...

“Screw that!” is right. I gave up starting seeds a long time ago. Actually I like doing it but I'm away too much. I know better now after coming home to find dead seedlings. Wish I could have said the same thing about the goats I once had.