Tuesday, September 9, 2008

4—TEE- YEARS

Finding that a tad hard to read – okay, try this FORTY YEARS – did that help? Good because today is our 40th anniversary – holy Martha!

Hard to believe that two young kids serving their country and in Vietnam, took time off to fly to Hawaii and got married, only to return to Nam to begin married life – and you all think your first year was exciting. Hey, sniper fire, bombings, monsoons, warm beer and somehow it was the beginning that had us saying; “we got no where to go but UP!”

And of course we get to celebrate the day with our ever present and lovely rain! Good thing we elected to celebrate this accomplishment on Sunday with a wonderful meal at Hotel Grande.

Let’s see what else has been happening around and about? Roger Federer won his 5th in a row US Open Tennis Title – and that my friends, is damn impressive. After a very dismissal year for Roger, this is his only grand slam win and put all those creatures who thought he was done back in their closets! Andy Murray (actually a Scot) is Britain’s hope these days as Tim retired. He’s 21 and as he matures and gets a bit more experience he’ll surely win slams as well.

And Brett Favre did damn nice on his opening game and the Jets won. Patriots won but lost Brady for the season – damn, football is gonna be interesting this year, eh?

Oh my goodness, Minnie Driver finally has given birth to a son – 9 pounds something – amazing. And she said; "I'm not getting married to this person and I don't know what's going to happen but everyone is cool about the situation," she said, adding, "Babies are endlessly fascinating to look at and I'm obsessed about their complete and utter lack of guile. I'm looking forward to seeing life through the eyes of my own kid." We’ll ask you about the poopie diapers later Minnie!

So as it’s raining like a banshee and no end in sight, it looks like a day to tackle inside jobs. I want to rearrange furniture, this always drives hubby nuts and I suppose I should dust and mop the kitchen floor – either job sucks in my book.

Have a fun day!

Confucius say: Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Pat & Pat!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Have a great day, You can make your own sunshine. I'm catching up, I'll have 35 in April. Sherrie