Sunday, September 14, 2008

STORM STUFF

Rescue crews canvass neighborhoods inundated by storm surge after an estimated 140,000 Texans ignore order to flee hurricane. Why are folks unwilling to flee when experts tell them this is not a good place to remain? What in someone’s home and/or property is more important than their own lives? And as my son asked; upon hearing the water is rising, why do people rush to go into their attics or roof tops? Does the word “rising” have a different meaning to them?

Ike and other storms that are causing havoc all over the place are also seeing the end to our recent small reprieve in gas prices. Hell we are back to $4 a gallon if not more – hey, can’t move the trucks to haul the gas, hence the increase – duh!

Okay, sorry I’ve been away from my blog for a few days. I had the most wonderful surprise show up at my door Thursday (actually the surprise was due September 9th on our anniversary) and that surprise has kept me busy and thrilled for days? The surprise? My son was here to help us celebrate our 40th and neither I nor my husband knew about his arrival. The two kids plus my sister had been planning this for two months and somehow managed to keep their mouths shut about it – nobody let any hint of this escape or provide me with any speculation whatsoever.

So with Bubba here and my sister we have just had a good time and of course, consuming a few more drinks than we should but hey, we were not on the road, so therefore it was safe drinking! Sadly he departs today and will catch a plane Monday morning back to Minnesota – bummer. We shall see him and his family in December as we plan to spend Christmas with them.

Well, more another day folks – hang in there, I’ll write more with time permits. I’m still in enjoying my 40th anniversary surprise.


Here's my new grill, what ya think?

And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years!

No comments: