Wednesday, September 17, 2008

HIT ME

Okay I can’t help myself – some of this news is just too far out there to be avoided or at the very least left with no comment.

First up we got a guy, supposedly drinking a bit too much, who hears and sees a train, so he stops, lights a cigarette and gets clipped by the train. Now somehow train personnel know they hit something, so they stop and search and find nothing. The guy manages to crawl home and the next day calls the hospital because – are you ready – he can’t get out of bed! So, if you smoke don’t light up or stand close to a moving train!

Then we have the Ohio inmate who has gained so much weight, his veins are not accessible for execution. And he claims this is nothing new, even in the Army he had issues with vein access and he is not trying to delay his execution. Hell, shoot me if that will make folks happy he says! And we think weight gain is bad! Holy Martha!!!

Anyone remember Tom Jones? Oh ya, you remember him, ye gads he was some entertainer and has many a gal wondering. Anyway, at age 68 he is about to release his first album in 15 years – he claims “The fire is still in me,” Jones told The Associated Press in a recent interview, speaking by
phone from his home in Los Angeles. “Not to be an oldie, but a goodie. I want to be a contender.” You go Tom!

Now this one will make all of you just smile. Exhausted Jolie struggles with twin demands. Are you kidding me? This woman and her partner donate millions of dollars to various worthy causes and you want us to believe you can’t hire a nanny so they can get some rest? Oh, they want to be the hands-on parents, okay? But someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning, all they gotta do (including her) is feed, burp, change and let the twins sleep. And in-between she can play with her other four kids – oh ya, I’m exhausted too!

Okay, enuff of this nonsense. Supposedly we shall see some afternoon showers – at least they are saying showers, not sprinkles! Who in hell wants sprinkles?

As for me I’m undecided – do I buy new twin bed spreads or leave the ones I have on the beds for another 5-10 years? Ya, even I think it’s time for a change – but I dislike shopping so I may put this off a bit longer.

Oh for those who care – I lost two pounds this week! Hey, after two weeks of no loss but no gain, this was wonderful news. After last weeks events (son home, anniversary celebrations, booze and lots of food) I figured if I maintained I’d be happy but to see a two pound loss, well, honey child, I’m over the moon (low moon, I’m not that tall).

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words “The” and “IRS” together it spells “Theirs?”

No comments: