Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jersey Sights

Okay, I've been in Jersey for three weeks and this has been something else.  I have taken my grandma babysitting on the road --- hotel sitting is definitely a challenge.


Here's my boy driving the Apple Car -- he's a darn good driver too.  Yes, this has been a fun outing and wonderful travel experience, too bad he is too young to realize just how much fun this truly is and all the wonders he is seeing.

As we hang around the hotel room (rain makes for very long days), we learn new things.  Like how to drink thru a straw (this took 10 minutes to learn); how to turn around and slide off both the bed and sofa vs head first into the floor (ouch); and we are learning that "NO" means no...something about cords fascinates him and makes me nervous as hell.  Mama doesn't like the idea of slapping his hands (okay, electrocute yourself) but slowly NO is getting the message across and being moved from the cords helps too.



Oh the trash cans via washer/dryers...this was seen on the Jersey Shore -- some restaurant and I thought it was a truly clever idea...no landfill for those suckers and the practicality is wonderful.  Ya the color ain't bad either, eh?

Oh look at all that water!

I love this sand -- diggin for something?
Wait I found something -- seashell???

It is so much fun watching his discover and explore and we both loved the beach, as did his Mama.

Grammie had her moments too...

Okay, enuff for now -- back to Jersey for another two weeks and then the travel shall end.  Clint will soon head to daycare and only stay with me two days a week.  However, I need a sister-get-together before the weather gets nasty, so Syracuse better be ready as I plan to visit and gossip with my sister until the cows come home (we don't even have cows anymore).

Oh, one last thing and if I offend anyone, forgive me, but Jersey's workers are damn hard to understand.  Its not just the busted English, its the damn inability to open their mouths and enunciate words.  What's up with that anyway?

However, I like Jersey and the folks are nice...traffic is a nightmare but I ain't driving so no whining from me!

Like my hat?  Me neither!!!


Let the baby drive, it makes for a quieter ride!!!  Oh wait, he can't reach the gas or brake -- no problem, we ain't moving anyway!!!

Well, you all have a great 3-day weekend, I sure as hell did.  Slept in my own bed and had the love of my life beside me, life is good. 

Back to Jersey tomorrow, hope they are ready, we shall be!!!

 
 
 
 
Dada likes this one -- he missed his little boy and this weekend he has spent considerable time with him.  Hey, Mama got some rest and that is good too.

No comments: