Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yup, Here's Your Sign

I gotta tell ya, people amaze me and sometimes I just wonder how in hell they managed to stay alive as long as they have cuz they do some of the dumbest things.

I had entered a public restroom, the handicap stall was free, no sooner had I entered when an elderly woman, with a walker and her daughter entered behind me.  The woman leaves her walker and heads into stall.  I had gone into one a few doors down.

"Oh no," the woman said.
"What's wrong Mom," asked her daughter.
"I locked the door and now I can't get off the toilet!"
"What," the dau asks again!
"The door is locked and I can't get off the pot, help me!"
"Mom, I can't reach over the top nor squeeze under the door, you gotta get up and unlock the door," the dau said as calmly as possible.  I'm in this other stall just shaking my head and thinking (do I volunteer to crawl under the door for them?  No way).
"So what do you want me to do do," yells the mother? I wanted to scream, why in hell didn't you use the handicap stall fool!
"Mom," the girl says patiently, "rock yourself and stretch so you can reach the lock and unlock the door or I'll have to leave you and find someone who can unlock the stall."
"Don't leave me," screams the mother.  "Wait, I am moving, almost up, oh my goodness, this is harder than I thought.  Are we the only ones in the bathroom?
"Mom, what difference does it make, you're stuck, they can't see you and right now, you need to get your ass off that seat and unlock this friggin door!" 
"You mean little bitch, I'll get out and when I do, you're gonna get slapped for being so mean to me."
"Whatever it takes to get your ass out of there is fine with me," said the girl.

The end is that Mom did manage to get off the seat, the daughter opened the door and had her walker right there and she nicely walked herself to the sink, washed her hands and life was good.  I was still in my stall, hand over my mouth, laughing like a nut case!

And you don't think they both needed a sign?  Ye gads!  Well, it is now 7:16 and I can see outside -- oh man, its a dark ole sky out there and looks like we're in for some nasty weather. And yes the wind is blowing too.  If it rains, then it'll be a nappy day for Clint and I -- well, that might be a good thing.

Have a great day people -- life is good!!!

No comments: