Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Birthday Boy

To use a line my daughter used, 41 years ago I became a mother for the first time and I am happy to wish my beloved son a very happy birthday and to tell him, again, how proud I am of him. 

He is an amazing son, husband and father -- now that says it all and best of all, he has a smile that lights up the entire world...here are a few photos of him over the years:


So the election is over or is it? Still got some ballots to count and some hopefuls that this will pull some candidates into office. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the ones who are posted as winners now, shall remain winners even when all the ballots are counted.

Not sure what to think of all the newly elected folks but hey, every damn one of these people said; "I'll create jobs, I'll not raise taxes, etc."  I mean, you said what we wanted to hear but we ain't stupid, how in hell do you plan to bring in jobs when we have this huge debt hanging over our heads?  It might be better to stop aid to every country and ask the ones who owe us for our money back (ya, lots of luck with that, they are as broke as us). So what is the solution? 

Go back to basics and stop living high off the hog cause the hog ain't around anymore.  Do you really need three TV sets?  Come on, get creative with the hamburger -- you can't afford steak so forget it.  And while you're sitting on your lazy ass bitching about everything, why don't you volunteer and put your skills to work. Did you know, that many folks who started out, started out as a volunteer???

So I went to Curves, had a good work out there, then came home switch shoes (breaking in new tennis shoes) and went for a lovely walk. Ya,needed a hat and gloves but still it was a great walk and on a crisp November morning it was fantastic.  Even watched a woodpecker pecking at this tree...took a photo but it ain't very clear -- see what I mean:



Needed my bigger camera, huh? 

Gotta tell ya,the lake was peaceful and nice this morning...some days I catch deer drinking, ducks swimming and turtles doing whatever turtles do but sometimes, just reflections make the stop breathtaking.




Okay, delayed long enough, time to hit the shower and later off to the beauty shop to get my locks trimmed -- long hair and me just don't work well together.  Have a lovely day and keep smiling, life is good folks!


No comments: