Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There's the News -- Again


I know, I know, we all listen to the news whether we want to or not. I mean, you’re driving, listening to music and suddenly, its time for chatter and it’s always the news, right? You turn on your TV, even commercial free channels and damnit, somehow the news sips into them too…well, not as much but we tend to “flip” channels during boring parts and we end up hearing or seeing some news item, right?


I’m on my way to Curves and yup, the news is filling the silence like I didn’t need silence. First off, if a teenager is obese and does nothing to stop this, by age 30 they will be extremely obese? Huh? Why isn’t someone asking; “wait, I was skinny as a kid, not fat, skinny and for most of my life, I was relatively thin, so explain to me why I hit 60 I am now obese?” What fat gene did I suppress for so many years???


Then I hear about all these “exercise” and “family fun” games for the X-Box and Wii. Excuse me, how big is your living/family room? Have you seen those commercials where the entire family is playing these games together? Sweet Mama, if my entire family played at the same time, we’d knock each other out or being pushing for space!!! And my tiny brain is saying; “can’t they all just go outside and take a walk, isn’t that good, clean, and healthy family fun?” Ya, I know, walking is great but so are family games, I get it and this does get people off their butts but I keep having this nagging thought that “hey, we need another TV, cuz I wanna watch my programs, not play these stupid ass games!”


With the economy in the dire straits and so many folks out of work, I think stores are down right stupid for not offering the lay-away plan. Come on, this is perfect and payment is doable when broken up and if they don’t pay, they don’t get the stuff, what’s the problem? Oh, you might have to hire a few more people to handle this option – gee, that would be horrible! Damnit, we need to help each other here and if you want us to shop and buy, give us some incentive and possibilities we can handle.


One more news item….seems there’s this alcoholic energy drink for college kids or those who need a burst of energy to get them thru whatever. Now here is the kicker, you all ready drank coffee or a soda and then, you have this booze drink and wham, your ass is in the emergency room. This is one lethal energy drink and folks are being told to avoid it. Avoid what? They don’t even tell us the bloody name of this sucker!


And that is how my day started – it’s gonna get better tho---headed to the Thai Restaurant for lunch and shall share the meal with a friend as we swap stories and laugh like little kids – hey, it’s our day, let us do it our way!!!

No comments: