Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November 1st

Yes, it is now November, did you fall asleep and miss it or just refuse to acknowledge another month is here?  Actually this is my favorite month for a couple of reasons. Amongst other things, we'll end daylight savings time and perhaps see "light" when going to places in the early hours!!!

First it was the month, years ago when I became a Mother for the first time and I have a beautiful son who I wished lived closer so I could see his smiling face more often.

Second, its also my older sister's birth month -- we have some fond childhood memories but more precious senior moments -- and yes, Jan, Jesus will have to wait.

Third, my favorite holiday is this month -- I just love Thanksgiving and have some fantastic memories of this day from childhood straight thru to this day...and damnit, I'm still making memories

Fourth this is the month we thank and acknowledge all of our Veterans, I happen to be one you know and its nice that we are remembered and thanked for the service we pulled, are pulling and shall pull to keep this country strong and free.

Oh, take a look at this collage of my youngest grandson...who is now ONE year old:

Ya, I know the weather is getting colder too... supposedly dropping into the twenties tonight.  And tomorrow, finally, the voting will happen.  Maybe then we can get some rest from all these damn campaign ads and phone calls. What cracks me up is seeing yard, after yard, with every one's campaign sign in their yard -- even they don't know who to vote for or maybe they are collecting the signs to use as place mats later?

More another day, I feel a chair nap coming on...ya, I doth love those chair naps and while you too take them, I at least admit to them!!!

OhYa, Monday night Football -- yay!!!  What?  You don't like football -- get out!!!

No comments: