Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scale Witch

Am I the only one who is getting just a tad sick of all these diet programs and how this pill or that pill will do the trick? In some cases, this pill will see you drop 20 pounds in one week! Twenty pounds –what, you don’t eat, right?

Then there’s this other pill – acaiberry or some such thingy and this is like a laxative and of course, it too will see a weight drop. It’s gonna drop because you’re gonna defecate yourself skinny! Hell, why not just buy a laxative and save yourself a few pennies. Wait, none of this appeals; ok we got “green tea” --- again, you drink, potty and lose weight. Sweet Martha we got so many damn options out here, no wonder we are still over weight – we can’t decide which is best for us so we chose NADA!

I admit I have issues with diets and mostly because I half expect them to work faster than is possible. I mean if I decrease my food intake, up my physical activity and stick on some point system for a week, I truly expect that bitch bathroom scale to reflect a drop in pounds. When I see a mere pound I am pissed beyond words. How is that possible? I am wearing clothes I could not even fit my fat ass into earlier this summer and now can and still I am not losing – how the hell is that possible? Oh you merely shift the fat around – you didn’t drop it. So the pants fit that did not before but due to shifting the tops won’t is that the idea?

Ya, you know my take on bathroom scales –hate’em with a passion. They do not take into account my age, height, bone structure, etc., but somehow has the nerve to display my weight – yuck!!! Okay, I am slowly getting this rage under control, I only weigh myself once a week and I refuse to let it upset me too much. The rest of the time I just continue to stick to the point diet system and I did increase my morning walk from 30 to 45 minutes.

Supposedly the pounds will leave and I will have developed a healthier eating habit and best of all, this new eating habit will help me keep those unwanted pounds off too. Gee, I had no idea my eating habits were that bad but hey, I did stop smoking and its true, you do gain weight when you quit. Hey, I’m still glad I quit and I will drop those extra pounds too.


So I will continue this desire to drop these unwanted pounds and no, I am not waiting for the Fall or winter months to diet, I need to do this now and I’ll bitch about the slow progress and at times blow it, by having a piece of cake or drinking not one but two beers, but eventually I will win this battle.

So hang in there, gang, we shall overcome these damn pounds – we are stronger than them and we can force them off our bodies and keep them off (say that three times and smile like a fool?)

No comments: