Sunday, August 24, 2008

TENNIS

Give it up, I know you could care less about tennis but settle in folks, the US Open begins tomorrow and you’ll just have to endure.

Roger Federer enters this grand slam event as the number two player in the world and Rafa Nadal takes on the number one spot. Whatever is shall be an exciting ten days of tennis and then, everyone can rest and watch football and/or baseball! Yes, I repeat again for those who are sick of hearing it, I am a huge tennis fan. I also enjoy football so thar you are – a female sports nut!

Hey, did it rain last night or was it nothing more than thunder-bumpers? I heard no rain but then I slept pretty soundly last night so who in hell knows? My awning isn’t full of water this morning so I am assuming no wet stuff fell – hurrah. The temp did drop tho – damn, it needed to drop – couple days of 80+ degrees made things damn warm around here!

Went to the movie last night – are you ready for this –Tropic Thunder. [A self-referential movie about making a movie, Ben Stiller's fearless comedy tosses combat-film actors into an actual jungle setting and then slowly strips away their personality shields until they're left staring deeply into their Hollywood hearts of darkness. From the audience's perspective, the view is gut-bustingly funny. Stiller's wisest choice behind the camera is to keep the lens focused on his inspired cast mates ñ including Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black, Steve Coogan, and a vulgar Tom Cruise ñ who embrace the hilarity in the fantastic screenplay. "Tropic Thunder" gleefully skewers the film industry and its pampered acting community. It's one of the year's funniest films.]

That is a write up seen on a local web site. As far as I am concerned and IMO this was the dumbest movie I have seen in years. Yes I did laugh at times but mostly I wanted this over so I could go home. But hey, go see it yourself – as for me – once was enuff, thank you very much!


Yup, it’s Sunday and at the moment the temp is slowly climbing out of the 60s and the sun is trying to pop thru the clouds. I suspect we’re in for a lovely day and that is fine with me. I am sure Wal-Mart will be crowded again today as college kids continue to stock up on goodies and parents continue to shell out hard earned cash to pay for this educational pursuit.

Enjoy your day –

Q: What is the most common remark made by 50+ year oldswhen they enter antique store?

A: 'Gosh, I remember these.'

No comments: