Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Come on------

Man this wet; damp, cool weather has gone on long enough. This is getting damn annoying and I know farmers are going nuts. They can’t get hay in much less harvest crops – yikes! Come on, it's August and soon our summer will be over and can we really say we had a warm, hot, dry one -- NO. It's been nice but a few warm, make that hot, days would be nice and our field, gardens, trees and lawns need it!

And once again, my yard looks bad – oh, it’s green and thick but it’s also tall and needs to be cut. I refuse to cut wet grass, that just doesn’t seem right to me yet I watch other folks do this and just shake my head. A nice, trimmed yard is great but mowing in the rain is just a bit anal in my book!

Hey, here’s an interesting “why” for ya. Girls who act like boys get tagged as tomboys, right? What in hell do we call boys who act like girls, Suegirls? Hey, don’t get a mixed message in this why thought. I mean, many guys become chefs, designers, owners of fancy and expensive hair salons, etc and are very manly – which is not to say being Gay is wrong. But we take little notice of these notions when boys are young but man, let a girl act or play with a boy and we are Tomboys! Ya, now you’re thinking about it, aren’t ya?

So are you enjoying the Olympics? I gotta say that opening ceremony was absolutely brilliant and spellbinding. The Chinese really out did themselves with that performance. As for coverage, well, I am finding the Canadian channels tend to broadcast more coverage than US Channels and I tend to get a tad weary of the polo basketball games or whatever in hell they are called. Diving seemed to take forever but it was fun to watch. I’m a little confused over the gymnastic program tho – are you sure those Chinese girls are 16 years old – they look like they might – just might be 12! Can you imagine, if true, how these girls must feel claiming to be 16 when they are 12 and basically still little girls? Ye gads!

I guess the one thing everyone but the Chinese agree on is the heat and humidity folks are enduring. One tennis player said he was changing his shirt every ten minutes because it was soaked with sweat – other players also admitted the humidity was brutal. Makes ya feel sorry for the gals who can’t just whip off their tops and don a dry one, eh? Keep this up and we’ll need on-court changing rooms for the gals! I’m a tennis fan and player but I gotta tell ya, I never wore those tennis skirts. Sorry I liked the shorts and loose tops not some silly skirt and fancy underwear or pants. I also wore glasses and when transitional lenses came along, those sunglasses definitely were great but opponents complained they couldn’t see my eyes and that caused a disadvantage. Huh?


Yes I am rambling; it’s that kind of day. So I shan’t bore you any longer, I shall grab my water bottle and watch the Olympics – hurrah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't get the Olympics on TV. No dish. :0(