Friday, August 22, 2008

FOR THE LOVE OF MARTHA

Get ready for this folks, you thought gas prices were bad and food prices but now they are really getting serious – read on:

HARRISBURG, Pa. - The maker of Snickers bars and M&Ms candies said it is raising wholesale prices on various items to offset the higher costs of raw materials, packaging and energy, the second major candy company in the past week to announce such a move.

Damn now even our unhealthy snacks and comfort goodies are gonna get so damn costly we won’t be able to afford them either – gonna be a damn cold winter, eh?

But wait it gets better – read this tidbit:

TOKYO - A 61-year-old Japanese woman gave birth to her own grandchild, using an egg donated by her daughter, a clinic said Thursday.

Ya, I can see all you 60 year olds and older just biting at the bit to do this number for your kids – what? Watch your mouth I was just kidding!

Well, with luck my digital phone service will be fixed today and I mean fixed. Since the sucker was installed I would hear callers say; “you’re breaking up; I’m hearing every other word; are you still there?” And sometimes I’m chatting away only to learn I’m in dead air space – nobody on the other end. It’s not like I spend hours on the damn phone, that ain’t my idea of good times, but when I must be on the phone, I would like to hear what in hell is being said! This service supposedly is cheaper than what I had before and I’m beginning to understand why – it doesn’t work, therefore you don’t use it much!

Looks like another lovely day for us country bumpkins – can we tolerate two warm days in a row? Yesterday was cause for many to get outside and mow lawns and even rake up grass but not me, I sat outside with friends, drank beers and swapped stories – most relaxing and slept like a baby last night too.


Now these little cuties were next door and enjoying the apple tree, later they came over and nearly joined me on my deck -- brave suckers, eh? A few years ago a deer actually was on the deck and being overly smart, had the damnest time getting off -- jumping didn't seem possible and turning around didn't seem to work either. Eventually, in total frustration, he jumped over the rail and off he went, never to return. So for his deck jumping number he went to Bejing and entered the Olympics -- did you see him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I can't afford to go anywhere because of gas prices, NOW I can't have my chocolate??!! THAT does NOT make me happy! :0(

We get deer on our deck too! Especially at Christmas time! :0)