Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hump Day

Well, once again the temp is in the 40’s and I’m having a little debate on what to wear on my morning walk. Yesterday I donned a sweatshirt as it was 40 degrees and to be honest, found it a tad too warm and wished I’d stuck with my normal T-shirt. Now it’s closing in on 50 degrees and I’m thinking T-shirt – forget that sweatshirt business.

I was bad this week, no weight loss but hey, no gain either so that is good, right? I knew I was blowing it – had a few beers, had a whopper with fries (twice), had ice cream which I rarely eat but seemed to want this past week for some stupid reason and well, shit, I just blew it; it’s that plain and that simple! Oh well, one is allowed this option too. What is good is that while I did not lose any weight this past week, I did not gain, so I consider that a good stead! Come on, did you honestly think I was gonna lose 3 pounds every flippin week – not in this life time or on this planet!


Today on my walk I took my camera – now this is a bit awkward and tends to mess up my arm swing, but at the same time, I wanted to get some photos around town. Why? Well, I have friends who haven’t been here in years and would like to see what the ole town looks like and of course, see all the changes since we were kids. Imagine their surprise when they learn the Norwood Bakery is no longer here – that fire ended a landmark we all loved and enjoyed for years!

Some folks left here when we still had a movie theater and bowling alley, man, that’s been gone a long time, right? Yes, changes happens and while it is seen as progress and at times this is certainly true, many times change just doesn’t seem all that different or necessary. All it did was disrupt lives and cause stress but the same-ole-same crap is still here. Ya, life is full of these so called changes and then, once done, a few years pass and they say; “we never should have done that, it wasn’t necessary, I miss the ole stuff.”

I was gonna (and earlier did have) a photo slide show but realized this was not working properly. In fact, it was probably driving you nuts as well;therefore I dumped it and now, well, you'll just have to take my word, yes I have recent photos of downtown Norwood!
This is Route 56 or the Norwood Hill headed toward Potsdam. Ever "hike" up this baby? Lemme tell ya, that's a lovely workout -- your thighs will burn for hours!


Hey, if you don’t have a sense of humor, you probably don’t have any sense at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Hump Day!! :0)

Whatever will you do to top this?? :0)