Thursday, August 14, 2008

DEER ME—BACK OFF BAMBI

Well, my morning walk brought on some surprises this morning. I have, at times, seen deer while walking but this morning a deer decided to “charge” right at me! Holy Martha, what in hell is up with Bambi?

Now what in hell is one supposed to do? Stand or keep walking as the deer has it’s own route and it ain’t gonna deviate from that route? Now let me clarify this, I was not in the country, I was on Prospect Street and just walking along at my normal pace, when Bambi saw me, I saw Bambi and then, Bambi decided to charge right at me!

No I didn’t get hurt, I just stood my ground and waited for the thud, which never came as the deer went off to the side and kept going. I bet s/he is laughing like crazy and telling s/he buddies; “you shouldn’t seen that human’s face, I bet she shit her pants, it was so funny!”

That certainly was odd and yes, it was a nice sized deer and gave no indication of being sick, just hungry as it roam about and munched in gardens, grass, flowers, leaves, etc. I probably scared it more than anything else and considering they have poor eye sight, I would also say they are dumb. Hell, why run toward me, fool, run the other way! Oh well, nobody was hurt and the deer eventually race off into the woods and is long gone!

Now there are some things that – well – you don’t really care if you know or not. I mean, now we are being privy to who spied for us during WW II – are you sure we need to know this and NOW?

WASHINGTON - Famed chef Julia Child shared a secret with Supreme Court Justice Arthur Goldberg and Chicago White Sox catcher Moe Berg at a time when the Nazis threatened the world.

They served in an international spy ring managed by the Office of Strategic Services, an early version of the CIA created in World War II by President Franklin Roosevelt.

Now, don’t you feel better knowing this? A tad late but still, after all these years we get informed our chef was a bloody spy! Damn, am I the only one who wants to scream – WHO IN HELL WASN’T A SPY! Seems like everyone spied and that was the name of the game played then, so why in hell think telling now is necessary?


Then the news switches and we’re back to the diet and fitness crap – again and forever!

How much exercise do we need? Man, I love the answer to this question:” To put good intentions into action, you need a goal. How much exercise do you need? Ask the U.S. Surgeon General, the Institute of Medicine, the American Heart Association, and the American College of Sports Medicine and you're likely to get four different answers. That's no surprise. In fact, you're the only one who can decide just how much and what kind of exercise is best for you.”


About time someone gave us some credit. I’m not real sure about that “goal” thing tho – I mean, I walk but I never really thought about what goal I had in mind – to feel better, to move my fat ass, just to get outside or better yet, just to do some form of exercise that doesn’t require a lot of equipment!

I've tried to find a suitable exercise video for women my age, but they haven't made one called "Buns of Putty."

No comments: