Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Rant

I know, it's Tuesday and I've got another RANT -- does it ever end? Not really and we all know why!


I have never been a real big fan of bathroom scales or any instrument used to weigh me or anyone else. I don't trust the suckers and I think they can (and have) caused alot of unnecessary stress and pressure. I also like to claim it's not the pounds lost that means the most to be but how I feel doing all these various exercise programs, including walking 2 miles each day, working out at Curves, doing Yoga, and so on. All in all, it's my overall fitness that counts not the pounds I lose. BUT when I began to notice and recorded actually pound losses,well, I was pretty damn impressed and encouraged to continue on with these simple, easy programs.


Then I started to give the bathroom scale a bit more interest. First off, never use these on a carpeted surface as the reading will be false. Oh shit, I have one bathroom carpeted and another that is not. Guess which one I use -- and ask yourself; "would you weigh yourself in the uncarpeted bathroom?" No, you would not.


Anyway, here's the rub or rant: there's almost a 25 point difference and that is just flippin unreal in my book. I could accept a couple points but 25! What the hell.


So I'm gonna use the scale that gives me the lowest reading and if anyone has a problem with that, well, be prepared to duke it out.


Thar I feel better, had my rant and good to go....thanks for listening!

No comments: