Sunday, January 11, 2009

UNUSUAL USES

I think these guys are trying to figure out who is going in that cold water first and until one moves, neither is gonna go! Man, that water looks bloody cold -- hey, it was ten below zero when this shot was taken, that's cold even for geese/or are they mallards?

Every now and then something comes into my mail box or from some “rag” magazine that just gives me a chuckle and of course, that in turn suggests I pass it along to all of you.

This go around is household tips to help make you happier, healthier and wealthier. Holy sheet that sounds almost too good, eh?


  • Instead of drinking beer (ya this goes against the grain big time) pour it on your head. No kidding, the pale ale makes a fine frothy hair conditioner.


  • Want shiny hair, wash your locks with brewed tea but to defeat dandruff, rinse scalp with vinegar.[sounds like a lousy drink to me].


  • Oh you’ll love this one, use peanut butter to rub sticky labels off glass ware and also can be used to repair scratched CDs. Use a coffee filter to spread it on and wipe it off.


  • Dump salt on wine stains and see the seasoning absorb the vino before your very eyes.[I carry salt with me to parties, don't you?]


  • Rub mouthwash to get the grime out of grout. [I don't think it means spit it on the grout]


  • Pour colas to dissolve grease stains or corrosion on car batteries (and to think some folks drink these colas – yuck).


  • For wax, place a paper towel over the stain, then run a hot iron over the spot until the paper picks it up.[or you start a small fire]
Now here’s something I never heard or knew (which is nothing all that earth shaking, I don’t know much about anything-----). Closures on bread bags, whether twist ties or plastic clasps, can clue you in to which loaves are the freshest. Blue closures mean the bread hit the shelf on Monday, green ones mean Tuesday, red means Thursday, whites on Friday and yellows on Saturday. Guess no breads arrive on Wednesday – interesting!

Thar aren’t you impressed – what – you knew this stuff! Well, it was worth repeating, right? Have a grand Sunday as for me, football shall keep me entertained this afternoon…hurrah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were geese. :0)

Enjoy your Sunday of rest! :0)