Saturday, January 10, 2009

Names and Secrets




LOS ANGELES - “Life On Mars” star Lisa Bonet and her husband, “Stargate Atlantis” actor Jason Momoa, welcomed a baby boy toward the end of December, and his name’s a real mouthful — Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa.

“Nakoa (warrior)… Mana (strength/spirit) Kaua (rain) po (dark)…,” she wrote. “The [first] name was always going to be Nakoa-Wolf.” The name is pronounced Na-Ko-Ah Wolf Mana-Ka-Ooh-Ah-Po Namma-Kay-Ah-Ha Mo-Moa, a Hawaiian source told Access Hollywood. [Ya, I hear all of you working on this name, give it up, chances of you ever getting close enough to use it are next to nil.]


Shape up! 6 secrets of weight-loss success
Nutritionist Joy Bauer’s simple strategies for taking it off in 2009


LIFE Secret No. 1: Eliminate extras [this would be snacks, yuck]


LIFE Secret No. 2: Ditch starchy carbs at dinner [bread, pasta, etc…sounds boring, eh?]

LIFE Secret No. 3: Walk off your cravings [suggestion is a 15 minutes brisk walk -- how about a 30 minute slow walk, would that work?]

LIFE Secret No. 4: Avoid trigger foods [you know those goodies you just have to have – candy bars, fudge].

LIFE Secret No. 5: Buddy up for better results [my friends would rather join me for a drink!]

LIFE Secret No. 6: Make the TV room a NO EATING ZONE [holy sheet, no snacking or eating in front of the TV! I had to wait for kids to grow up and leave before I could do this and now you want me to stop…screw that]

You know what, keep the damn secrets and leave us to hell alone. I think we can lose weight without doing all these silly things, how about you. The only thing you really gotta do is "move your ass" and "cut back on your food intake." Anything else is pure bull! Ya, you'd vote for my weight loss program any day, wouldn't ya?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Now it's 10 below zero and I wanna see all of you out there doing your brisk 15 minute walk!!! Hey, watch your mouth -- Mama Nature is listening and we don't need her ticked off again, let's let her show us her "bright" side for a few days aka sunshine!

I have no idea what these pigeons are doing, one looks like a lookout and the others are chowing down on some goodies..sucks being the lookout, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for that kid! When he gets to kindergarten he'll have to spell his full name!

I'd go for a brisk walk with you... to get a drink! LOL!! :0)

Stay warm! Mom & Dad's furnace quit! They're waiting for the repair man! (See, life could be worse!)

WiseAcre said...

That name is better than some I picked out for my kids. Good thing for them my wife has more sense than I or we'd be calling the last one Another.

Cold you bet. When you look at the thermometer and see the temp is 20 F. warmer than the morning before and it only reads 10 F.