Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday Is Over

Would ya look at this plant! Folks I am no gardener and have lousy luck with any plant but somehow I have managed to keep this Christmas cactus alive and this is the second year she has rewarded me with flowers. This is just a small part of my mother’s original Christmas cactus and man; I amazed me keeping it alive. The original plant is housed with another sibling [sister, the good baby] and it’s absolutely gorgeous and my sister-in-law also has part of the original and her mother’s cactus and again, it’s’ gorgeous. So, to think mine is alive, blooming and thriving is definitely a good sign for 2009.

Well, everyone is back to work and/or school, except the college students. Jefferson County kids got to sleep in a bit as many schools had delayed openings due to freezing rain. St. Lawrence County is just having a peep-a-boo morning with the sun. One minute it's out and shining and then, the clouds hide it and we wait for the next blast of Vitamin D.

So did you all do the after holiday sales? Sure you did and came home and said, "sheet, now I gotta find a place to store this stuff too." I think we should have holiday storage sheds. Put every holiday's decorations in one shed and then, we can find it easily when needed and no fussing with attics, garages, closets, etc. I mean, how hard would this be -- get a shed, use it just for decorations. Ya, like that's gonna happen in our lifetime...hello, men don't get this concept!

Anyway, I am back to my fitness crap. Meaning, I went to Curves and did my workout this morning and I'll continue to go three days a week. The other three days I shall either snowshoe (if we have enough snow) or using the Wii program do an inside workout. And Sunday I rest -- didn't create anything but my body demands one day off and Sunday is that day -- what the hell, works for me. I didn't do badly over the holiday season, put on 3 pounds but I can lose them if I stick to my fitness routine and of course, weight watchers food intake. Ya, it feels good to get back into this routine -- it was fun blowing it but the price is a tad high and I truly wish to drop a few more pounds but I ain't gonna drive myself bonkers about this -- skinny is never gonna happen in this body but flexibility is what I am after and I'm getting that from these programs.

Only on a cruise ship will you pay hundreds of dollars a day to sleep in a closet -- you go girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, if you're going to Curves, & doing the Wii, WHEN will you work out with your giant ball?? Don't let it get lonely!! :0)

Pat said...

Moonbeam,I use a "ball" at Curves as part of my cool down. However, I still use the one at home too -- never let it get lonely, that would be so sad.

Hang in thar, we gotta set up a time to hang out and swap stories