Wednesday, January 7, 2009

THIS DAY IN HISTORY—

January 7

1896
Fanny Farmer published her first cookbook.
1927
Transatlantic commercial telephone service began between
New York and London.
1953
Harry Truman announced that the U.S. had developed the hydrogen bomb.
1955
Marian Anderson made her Metropolitan Opera debut.
1979
Vietnamese forces captured the Cambodian capital of
Phnom Penh, overthrowing Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge government.
1989
Japan's Emperor Hirohito died.
1999
The
impeachment trial of President William Clinton began in the Senate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thar, don’t you feel smart because you know this stuff? Ready to apply to go on Jeopardy, aren’t ya? Forget it, we need years of trivia studies to make it on that show and I for one ain’t that bored!!

Oh hell yes, it snowed last night, is snowing this morning and will continue to snow most of the day. Also some rain shall mix in to make this sleet which in due course shall create some slick roads and hazardous driving conditions.

Regardless of what you may think, North Country mentality does not always mean a senseless desire to perform “car sliding” routines to entertain the masses! Unfortunately ice doesn’t select the bad drivers or the best drivers, it just pick whoever is dumb enough to think they can drive fast, slam on brakes and not slide! Hello, welcome to ice world – you fool with this Mother and you will slide and stop only when you hit a tree, another car or land in the ditch.

Winter driving rules are pretty simple – common sense more than anything else. First, clean your damn car off – front, back, windshield and signal lights. Second, allow plenty of time, leave earlier than usual, and have at least two car lengths between you and the car in front. Third if you need to slow down, tap (read that again) your brake. Fourth signal way in advance to allow cars behind time to adjust to the fact that you intend to turn off. Be courteous, careful and compassionate – that could be you in the ditch!
As I have no “real” need to be on the road and although I want to go to Curves and do my workout, road conditions suggest I find another workout routine. So I have some options:



  • Shovel the deck [ya like that is gonna happen]

  • Shovel the sidewalk [didn’t hubby do that at 6:30]

  • Don snowshoes and just walk in the field [now that a sound like fun, wait how cold is it outside?]

  • Put the Yoga tape in and do Yoga [oh sheet, not again]

  • Wii programs have great workouts and they are fun]

  • Don’t eat and no workout is necessary!

  • Screw all options and do nothing (damn, that sounds good]

Well, I’m not sure what in hell I’m gonna do but I am leaning toward the snowshoes – ya, I know, “stupid is as stupid does,” but damnit, I want to get outside for a little while and refuse to let falling snow stop me.
Here's my new winter snow hat -- lovely, eh? If you look closely, you'll see the sale tag still on it...LOL


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.

She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.'

I bought her a scale.

And then the fight started...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING that new hat of yours! :0)

Fat lot of good that whole Clinton Impeechment did! You just HAD to remind me, didn't you!?? :0)

Pat said...

OMG this hat is so funny and I love it...quite warm too. The goofy look is in this year!

Oh ya, that impeachment was lovely, was it not. Stupid people!!!