Friday, January 9, 2009

Latest Rant

You tell me, am I losing it or on the wrong Planet – is this such a new concept that retailers just don’t buy into it or such an ole concept they see no point in selling it in our lifetime?

Yes, Agnes, I’m gonna tell ya what in hell I’m ranting on about, did you actually think I’d leave you guessing forever (you’re such a simple nit). An address book – you know a place where you write down someone’s mailing address, phone numbers, even birthdays, and in some cases, email addresses too. It’s one of those oldies but goodies and damnit, we still need them so don’t say; “oh good sheet, that’s ole stuff, we keep all that on our computer and we can even print the labels, get a life ole woman!”

Ya and if that computer crashes, gets hit with some virus, and that sheet is all wiped clean, then what, young pup? I like computers too but hey, sheet for brains, a pencil is still mighty important and you’d best remember how to use one!

Enuff ranting just let me warn you this is not an easy item to find these days. Forget Wal-Mart, Kinney’s, Rite Aide, Walgreens and Hackett’s, none of them carry such a useful item as an address book! I even when to the Bookstore in downtown Potsdam – you know the place where nobody shops because we now have Wal-Mart (odd how many folks were in there buying stuff) – but alas that only had this 4x6 address book that would require “young eyes and steady” hand to make entries!

So, if you are out and about and find someplace that has address books, please send a message or comment on my blog – you do know you can make comments, right? Just click on comments and follow the directions – simple stuff.


GRANDMA'S AGE LITTLE JOHNNY ASKED HIS GRANDMA HOW OLD SHE WAS. GRANDMA ANSWERED, '39 AND HOLDING.' JOHNNY THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT, AND THEN SAID, 'AND HOW OLD WOULD YOU BE IF YOU LET GO?'

P.S.: Yes I came back, believe it or not, after my rant, I realized I have not checked Office Max and damn, success. The first address book looked really neat but at almost $20 I said,no way. A bit more searching (helpful salesman) I found one for $7.50 and bought it. But I still find it amazing that one has to hunt that hard for an address book. Ye gads! Anyway, got one, life is back on track (when in hell did it go off track?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try the SLU Bookstore! I KNOW they have them there! Also check the Postdam State campus bookstore! I haven't been in that one for a while, but I would think they'd have to have address books!

Good Luck! :0)

Pat said...

Thanks Moonbeam, but it still irks me that I have to hunt this hard for such a useful item...damn!