Tuesday, July 14, 2009

DRYER VS DRIER


Oh give it a minute, this will makes sense (or not). Unlike some I do not have a fancy dryer that folds clothes but as of yesterday I did have a dryer that did dry clothes! Following me so far? Good.

My dryer decided air drying was much more efficient and what the hell run the dryer longer, increase the electrical use and eventually clothes would get dried! Thankfully this was just king size sheets, and not towels or the sucker would still be spinning! It became very clear, even to foghead me that the heating element was kaput and I would need another one…duh! Oh sure, hang clothes outside, save money, go green and all that good shit. Forget it – I don’t have a clothesline and while I like the fresh outdoor smell, I am not overly inclined to non-fluffy towels!

So the hunt is on for repair service – you all know what this entails, right? Sears, where we bought the washer and dryer, can’t even get to us until – ready for this – July 29th – are they freakin cute or what! Now that ain’t gonna work. Oh the washer is just fine, thanks, just the dryer that needs some TLC (tender loving care). Okay, you use a rock to wash your clothes (at some creek) and toss the beaten rags into bushes, you hang in there Sunshine, some day you will also wear big girl panties too! And again, the washer is fine; it’s the damn dryer that is kaput!

At the moment I am patiently waiting for a repair person from Massena to stop by and check out the dryer. I am also hoping it is just a heating element, he has one and I’ll be up and running again real soon. If not, this house is gonna like a Chinese Laundromat as I hang clothes everywhere; back of chairs, bathroom, closet doors, deck rails, (bird shit is always attractive),and so on.

Oh yes, I am having a lovely day – can’t seem to get my walk in because of the damn rain, so what the hell, wait around for the repairman and play computer games. Now I could and should hook up the Wii Fit program and do that workout – that is a workout but let me think, I’ve had it off for two months, I think it would need to charge, don’t you? So that idea shits the bed – can’t do that – how sad! Actually I do like that program but when the weather got nice and I could get outside more, I tended to ignore that program – something I should not do – because it does work and it is helpful.

I’ll let you know the results of this dryer business[repair man showed up, Ray. Needed a new heating element - hey, got that one correct but he did suggest we change the dryer hose outlet so it would not kink up which makes the air flow difficult - I won't tell you the cost for this repair - suffice to say it was worth every penny and not that bad!] and in the meantime, I shall attempt to stay dry myself. Drier is better than wet for damn sure, especially when the temp is 57 and dropping! Did someone forget to tell Mother Nature this is July?

Let me leave you with this thought:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire!

1 comment:

Mary Q Contrarie said...

When the heating element went out on my dryer a couple years ago I said forget it and bought a clothes drying rack. Best investment I ever made. Saving LOTS of money and helping the environment and my clothes are lasting MUCH longer. Especially the elastic in undies and socks.