Sunday, July 5, 2009

AFTER 4TH – HUH?

Certainly hope you all had a great 4th of July and for the most part the rains did hold off – a few droplets or sprinkles but no mean ole downpours, right? Yes, it was damp and chilly – the wind didn’t make things warm by any stretch of the imagination but hey, overall it wasn’t that bad a day, right?

Yes, I did attend the parade in Norwood yesterday and it was fantastic – lots of great floats, marching bands, youth and civic organizations and what have you. I was even impressed with folks who paid the proper respect to the US Flag as it passed by – thank you for that! Sadly I did not go over to the Firemen’s field – I fully intended to do that but well, I got busy with other stuff and never walked over there. Yes, walked is the key word – parking is always an issue and traffic is horrendous so walking is good and come on, it’s not that bloody far – I walk further than that on my morning walks!

Now we have Sunday and holy sheet, the sun is shining – that yellow thing in the sky and that yellow look that is sunshine – just in case you weren’t sure! Of course, if it stays out and warms up, many folks will be mowing lawns today – heaven forbid we let them grow too high – that would be a huge mistake!

Well today is the men’s Wimbledon final – Roger Federer vs. Andy Roddick. Andy has never beat Roger and Roger is chasing after a record 15 grand slam titles. Now this should be a great match because Andy has gotten much better and is no longer a one-dimensional player. He has an amazing serve but he’s also learned some patience and is willing to come to the net.


So, who knows, he may deny Roger his quest of another Wimbledon championship and end his long draught of no grand slam titles. He is way over due and although I like both players, I am rooting for Andy – go American, okay!

Whatever, I will get outside today too – I want that sun to soak into my body too…not horribly hot, long rays but a little bit of sunshine would be damn nice.


So, enjoy your Sunday and keep smiling!

No comments: