Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blister + Hike = Better Blisters

Oh what a beautiful day. First off, it was a great sleeping night as the temps went down into the low 30s and yes, there was frost on the pumpkins this morning.

Yet the day slowly warmed up and the Fall colors are just calling for everyone to get outside and see them. My daughter and I decided we'd check out Lampson Falls. This is located near Degrass and quite easy to find and a nice, relaxing hike too. Yes, I had blisters from my 6 mile trek earlier in the week and they have not completely heeled but as this was not a pavement hike, I was okay.

Now, we didn't get down far enough to take any really good "falls" photos because we missed the "foot trail" tag and went the other way, which was still a nice trek. I say nice with tongue in cheek as this sucker was mostly uphill and some hills just challenge me more than I wish to be challenged.

But we did get near the water and it was great and the leaves are turning and the colors -wow-- they are beautiful. Moose (the dog) was also with us and he loved it. When we saw other folks on the path, we'd call Moose back and make him stay with us, so as not to scare folks. He is just a very friendly dog but other folks don't realize this and hey, I don't want a dog rushing up to me either.

I'll will add photos if this program will allow it -- lately, it's been giving me an "attitude" about photos and I'm ready to give it a kick in the ass to show it, I'm the boss.

All in all folks a great day, always fun hanging with my girl and pregnant or not, she still can out walk me any ole day...she slows down for Mama, thank goodness.

Love does not dominate, it cultivates!

No comments: