Monday, September 14, 2009

Look at this

Every wonder what the river looks like when the water is gone or low? Well, here's your chance....kind of scary ---look at all those rocks.

Before you get all antsy on me, every now and then, water flows are shut down so dams and equipment can be checked and insure everything is working properly. Folks were advised this would happen and the entire Racquette River is lower because of this equipment checking -- however, it does make for some interesting photos and gives you an idea of how things look without a water cover.

Now, on the flip side my dau has suggested we do a joint-garage sale next weekend, so this weekend was spent getting things ready for that, including the need to clean the garage so we could not only set up tables to put stuff on but have it half way clean so we could sit in there. A messy job but it's done now and all that remains is "tagging" items with prices. Hey, we all know the real purpose is to get rid of stuff but at the same time, making a few dollars is also a good deal too.

As for me, on Wednesday I am headed to the big ole city and getting my sister to haul my arse to the Clam Bar so I can get my seafood fix, again. Then she asked that I bring my step ladder as she plans to have us put up the border around her den/guest room. I merely inquired "will this happen before or after we start drinking?" And she replied "During!" So who in hell knows what that border will look like. One thing tho, if we run into a mess, we'll just call the older sister in Florida and she'll guide us back to a level playing field.

Well, that's it for today folks, worked hard this morning and I'm headed to the chair for some TV time and most likely a nap. Ah Monday, lovely nap day!

No comments: