Monday, September 28, 2009

Cleaning Poem

My sister sent me this -- is she trying to tell me something? Well, you read it and laugh, I'm headed to Curves and as the wet, damp weather continues, I reckon planting bulbs or having one more go at the lawn is out for today. Guess that means I should consider some inside chores, ya think?

Wait! I have that lovely "pack and play" thing that I could put together -- that outta frustrate the hell outta me and who knows, with any luck I won't need more beer and the play-pen will be up and ready for my grandson who is due to arrive in December. Ya, what's the hurry!!!

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes.'
He told me to get off my fanny,
And tidy up the house.

And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick....
I was just admiring my good work.

I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops -
I foundA real absorbing site
That I got SO way into it -
I was into it all night.
Nothing's changed except my mouse.
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess......
While I sit here on my hiney.

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

So, how'd the pack-n-play go?? Was it a six-pack type of job?? lol!! :0)

Pat said...

Never got to it -- I think I may need more beer! Haven't even tried to put it together...being freakin lazy. Maybe tomorrow...