Thursday, September 3, 2009

Recess is OVER


Ya, today the little darlings return to those beloved halls of learning – oh ain’t this a glorious day (well for parents at least, not so much for the kids). Yes, I know some found this returning before Labor Day a crime and hell, they won’t even send their kids to school today – hello, what rock are you under!

But more important as we start another wonderful, exciting school year is to remember to slow down and watch out for those kids running to the bus, bus stop or just to race to stand next to a friend. Hey, leave a bit earlier so you got time to stop and enjoy this scene and reflect back on your own youthful days. Passing a stopped school bus is against the law!

Today is also the day the St. Lawrence County Cornell Retirees get together for a luncheon. Amazingly we only do this once a year and it’s always in September. Why? Well, many have become “snow birds,” and soon they will be headed south, so this is a good time to catch up with them, learn how their summer has been and hell, see how young we all have gotten after another year of retirement! What is amazing is seeing the stress gone from folk’s faces – when someone, who saw me at the fair, said this, I was blown away. I had no idea I had stress-marks while working!

Well, it’s almost time for me to head out on my morning walk. This morning I shall most likely see kids waiting for the school bus and watching me like I am totally bonkers. Hey, some will wave and think this is cool, others will think; “that ole fool ain’t gonna walk too far, she’s older than dirt.” Gotta love’em!!!

You all have a grand day, ya hear?


Oh hell, I have no idea why this is underlined -- silly program!

2 comments:

Jims handyman and remodeling said...

Pat , you do a great job with your blog . I pick it up from nc now . I love your take on things and your sensed of humor . It's often a good way to start my day . Thanks Jim

Pat said...

Yo Jim, glad you enjoy this blog, it is fun and at times, the humor just kinda gets away on me but screw it, life is good, I'm above ground and half the time, others feel this way too.

Come back soon, always something to make ya smile!