Monday, November 3, 2008

AH NOVEMBER

I know most folks inquire about favorite season and that is great but what about your favorite month? Okay, who gives a rip but come on, play along just for the pure hell of it, okay?

I happen to like November and for a variety of reasons, all of which I shall share with you, aren’t you special! One is it happens to be my birth month, so that makes it special. It is also the birth month of my first child and again, that makes it special. I have two siblings also born in this month, so again that makes it special, and as the years rolled along, more family members joined the November birthday club. So in case you missed it – November is special, got it? About flippin time I was running out of hints!

November would be a wonderful time of year to hike about in the woods as the leaves are usually gone, its quiet and peaceful but November is prime deer hunting season and something about an arrow, bullet or bucket shot sticking to me is not appealing, so I resist the hikes in the woods! However I still will continue my morning walks until the weather really gets nasty. It’s not the weather actually but the snow and ice that prohibits my walking – I just don’t care to slip and break a hip so I resort to inside exercises, which are fun too.

This morning it was something like 34 degrees and just a little wind but damn it was quiet and I do mean quiet. Ya, of course away from the roads – anyone walking main drags won’t hear much but folks driving to work and sometimes a horn to let someone else know they can make noise! The Norwood Boat Launch was quiet and the water looked – well – rough but it was still pretty. I’m really annoyed (make that pissed) at the fools who drive over there and dump there household garbage. That is just flat out stupid, rude and totally unnecessary. They just toss it into the woods or drop it right on the driveway – I mean, are these people insane or just plain ass stupid – ya, stupid works for me too!

Time to get outside and, don’t laugh, do more planting. While I was gone more bulbs arrived and now I need to plant them. Thank goodness my flower bed has space and I have two bags of top soil left. So I shall dig a trench, toss in the bulbs and spread the top soil and hope that is it. I really am getting sick of planting and shall wonder all winter whether or not anything shall pop up. In the back yard the critters get to the bulbs almost as fast as I plant them, but so far the front yard is critter free – amazing.

Oh ya, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBA -- Mama loves ya!!!

No comments: