Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES, HISTORY WAS MADE

I really don’t care who you voted for, that was a personal choice and you made it. However what I do hope is now that we have a President-elect that we put aside our party differences and work together to solve the many issues facing this country.

It is rather cool to live in a time when we are part of history, the making of it but come on, we’ve always been part of it so let’s not get to carried away. Yes, this is our first ever African-American President and one day we can omit the “race” and just say here’s our new American President – color won’t mean squat and it never should have, right?

Now I gotta share with you that I must have gone into a different season zone because today, with the temp in the 60s I have my windows open and I am “airing” this house. Now isn’t this a spring cleaning tactic – not usually seen in the Fall? And who made up that silly rule anyway? One should be able to open and air their house whenever they think it would be helpful, right? Now I don’t recommend doing this when the temps get below zero but then again, it’s your house, go for it! As for me and our house, it is being aired and until I get cold, the windows shall remain open and the breeze can blow through (sheet, I’ll probably have to dust again too – damn!).

Now our next big event/holiday is Veteran’s Day. Veterans Day, holiday observed annually in the United States in honor of all those, living and dead, who served with the U.S. armed forces. Unlike
Memorial Day, which honors those who have died in wartime, Veterans Day honors all those who have served, in times of peace as well as in war. I hope all of you will take a moment (or two) to honor those living and those who have died and be grateful for the service these men and women gave their country. As a Veteran, I say thanks to my comrades and wish them good health and long life –thanks for serving your country it was an honor serving with YOU.

Now it is time to take down the Halloween decorations and let’s start seeing the Turkey Day stuff? Man, there are some great inflatable objects to help us remember and celebrate Thanksgiving Day too. Last year I wrote about the “little table,” and how I was gonna try to get assigned to it this year, I think I have succeeded in that quest (but my daughter may change her mind).

Once Upon a Time There was Time (damn I love this saying)

Oh for those keeping track, yes today is weigh in day and I'm still waiting to yell I LOST TEN POUNDS but it aint happening today. Still got a lousy pound to go and that sucker just does not want to leave -- bloody hell!!!

No comments: