Friday, November 14, 2008

SAY WHAT?

Curves update – ready? In a word – impressive! Great trainers and fun participants, how’s that? I did find one machine that made my back ache and decided to avoid it for now – maybe after I get “toned, stretched, strengthen” I will try it but for now – no way! [I tend to listen when my body says, that flippin hurts fool]

It’s a tad awkward to think 30 seconds on each station (be that a machine or recovery mat) is actually doing anything constructive but lemma tell ya, do it right and you’re more than ready to move to the next station after 30 seconds! And you go around the circuit three times for a full blast workout – needless to say I was working up a sweat and my usual red face!

Am I gonna join? Well, let’s not rush things. I got two free weeks and I plan to use them. My issue is “when” is the best time to do this? As I am morning person, and the place opens at 7, this is not a problem but this does involve driving to the location and that messes up my walking routine. So my puzzle is do I walk, then workout or workout and then walk, or just don't walk on the days I work out (which would be 3-days a week)? See it's not an easy decision yet I am impressed with this Curves program! So I need a bit more time to decide but I gotta tell ya, I am leaning toward joining -- truly I am!

Okay on to other stuff. Oh lordy Moonbeam, we got us some interesting crap now. At 34 and having made millions, Joaquin Phoenix has decided to quit acting and concentrate on a music career. Well, ain’t he just flippin special? A fine actor and decent singer but perhaps a month or two off would be just as productive? I guess having millions does get boring -- I mean, what does one do when they get another million, then another, it's so routine, no longer any excitment, right? Ya, let us have a crack at that routine!


And right on his heels we have the only woman on earth to bear children and adopt them around the world, saying she too is giving up acting! Yup, Angelina Jolie and again, she has made millions, her partner makes millions for his movies and well, they can just “million” themselves around the world, renting $36,000 castles and what have you. Wait, there is more, she would come back to the big screen if the right script was presented to her, but for now she prefers and thinks its best she stay home and concentrate on her children – awwww, isn’t that sweet!

What irks me is that I never consider this when I was in my 30s but as I think about, I wasn’t making millions either – except in smiles, satisfaction and sense of pride in young people who finally accepted the fact that they did indeed have this amazing potential and talent. How could I leave all that and stay home?

Another lovely weekend is upon us and today’s weather is perfect – high 40s, light breeze and the sun popping in and out of the clouds – truly a remarkable day. Ya, I know the deer hunters are happy, no more rain but that means us drivers need to be more alert as the deer will now come closer to the road and feel comfortable knowing here they won’t get shot. Of course hit with a vehicle hasn’t entered into their heads but hey, they are after all deer!


Have a great weekend and keep smiling!

No comments: