Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ANOTHER WORKOUT OPTION



Okay if you find this stuff bonkers, then don’t read today’s blog but if interested read on – see, I give you choices!

First off let me state, weight watchers is a good diet program and if you follow it, you will lose weight and develop better, healthier eating habits. And yes, you will blow it at times and see your weight go up and down, like some flippin yo-yo but stick with it and weight does drop. I also found that while pounds may not drop as fast as I would like, inches drop or fade or disappear quite nicely and jeans my fat ass has worn in years, suddenly fit and well, I don't look half bad in them either!
Just remember it took a while to put those pounds on and they ain’t gonna come off quickly and stay off, so have some patience and determination. (Not my strong suit either)

As you know, if you read this blog, I walk six days a week and that walk is at least 2 miles, usually more. I happen to find this most relaxing and it’s my special “me” time. I know some folks just can’t get into this walking bit and/or doing it alone is not their style either, I accept that but it works for me. Now I happen to be a morning person so walking in the morning is truly great for me. If I attempted (and trust me I have tried) walking at night, I’d be so wound up it would be hard to get to sleep.


Wait before we get to into this nonsense, we all walk, okay? I mean if you ain’t walking, shuffling or crawling you’re in a wheel chair, right? What I mean by walking is picking up the feet and moving along at a nice pace. Not just walking around the house, but outside, around the block or three blocks, ya, that kind of walking. Now while doing this kind of walking you can walk fast, then slow and combine raisign your arms or how fast you wish to swing those arms. I discovered the harder I swung my arms, the faster or bigger my stride, so that wasn't something I was doing constantly -- after all, this is not a damn race -- it's a walk!

Because I wanted more flexibility I purchased the beginner Yoga DVD and started that a few weeks ago too. Oh come on, I am not wrapping my legs around behind my head (what in hell do you think I am, 5-years-old?). And some of the moves shown on the DVD are just not possible – like get on all four, now bring your left foot up parallel to your left hand, then rise up into a lunge position. Are you kidding me? Needless to say, I ain’t doing this one but I am stretching and discovering, slowly that I can now bend down further and get back up without assistance or hydraulic lift!

Then a gal put suggested I try “Curves,” and I wasn’t sure what this was about or even where it was located. It’s in Potsdam near CJ’s – and it really deserves better advertising because it's really a great workout place. Curves is the first fitness and weight loss program dedicated to providing affordable, one-step exercise and nutritional information for women.


Ya sounds like a possibility, right? I’m going to day and having a fitness expert show me how all the machines work, how the circuit works, what they mean by recovery stations, and learning how 30 seconds on 13 machines is gonna help me. I also understand this 30 minute circuit includes five components: warm up, cardiovascular training, strength training, cool down and stretching.

Hey, I’m gonna check it out and for two weeks it costs me nothing to use their equipment. After that I gotta pay – and the price ain’t bad – hey, my kids are looking for things to get for Christmas, this would be a good possibility IF I decide this is for me. I need some place inside to workout and I definitely want more flexibility, so this might be ideal for me.

Oh come on, I’ll still be outside when the snow is on the ground, I got snow shoes and I’m still determined to learn how to cross country ski - -meaning, staying upright vs falling constantly. In other words, weather is not gonna keep me inside – no way. Also, I understand Santa is giving me the Wii game and that too has plenty of exercise options too. Hey, I just don’t want to see myself sitting all damn winter and putting the pounds and inches back on – worked to damn hard to get them off – thank you very much.

Yes, it is Wednesday and weigh-in and sorry, still got one pound to go before I can scream – I lost ten pounds. That last pound just does not want to leave – damn it, be gone!

More later, you all have a wonderful day – hey, the sun is shining and the early morning temp was 28 but now it’s a lovely 44 degrees – very light breeze – so it’s a beautiful day – get out and enjoy it!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Micheal, thanks and by all means keep coming back -- sometimes its just fun to laugh at ourselves and mull over every day stuff, instead of being so serious. Keep smiling.